How Can Donors Create Incentives for Results and Flexibility for Fragile States? A Proposal for IDA
International Development Association (IDA) donors and others operating a country performance-based allocation system face two difficult problems: how to strengthen incentives to produce and document development results and how to increase flexibility for fragile states. Fragile states have the greatest need for projects, but their projects tend to rate poorly in performance-based allocations systems, which provide little incentive to produce successful projects in fragile states or other countries. [Working Paper No. 227]
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Channing Arndt & Sam Jones & Finn Tarp, 2009.
"Aid and Growth: Have We Come Full Circle?,"
Working Paper Series
WIDER Discussion Paper 20, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Nancy Birdsall & Ayah Mahgoub & William D. Savedoff, 2010. "Cash on Delivery: A New Approach to Foreign Aid," Working Papers id:3308, eSocialSciences.
- Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2008.
"Adapting Aid Allocation Criteria to Development Goals,"
- Patrick Guillaumont, 2011. "Adapting Aid Allocation Criteria to Development Goals," Working Papers halshs-00556806, HAL.
- Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2008. "Adapting Aid Allocation Criteria to Development Goals," Working Papers 200810, CERDI.
- Patrick GUILLAUMONT, 2008. "Adapting Aid Allocation Criteria to Development Goals," Working Papers P01, FERDI.
- World Bank, 2009. "The World Bank’s Country Policy and Institutional Assessment — An Evaluation," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10537, The World Bank.
- Sabina Alkire & Maria Emma Santos, 2010.
"Acute Multidimensional Poverty: A New Index for Developing Countries,"
Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present)
HDRP-2010-11, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Sabina Alkire and Maria Emma Santos, . "Acute Multidimensional Poverty: A New Index for Developing Countries," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp038, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Alkire, Sabina & Santos, María Emma, 2011. "Acute Multidimensional Poverty: A New Index for Developing Countries," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 3, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Wood, Adrian, 2008.
"Looking Ahead Optimally in Allocating Aid,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1135-1151, July.
- World Bank, 2004. "Strategic Framework for Assistance to Africa : IDA and the Emerging Partnership Model," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15179, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.