Tax Devolution and Grant Distribution to States in India Analysis and Roadmap for Alternatives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2008.
"Do remittances impact the economy? Some empirical evidences from a developing economy,"
Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers
407, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2009. "Do Remittances Impact the Economy? Some Empirical Evidences from A Developing Economy," Working Papers id:2199, eSocialSciences.
- Singh, Nirvikar & Rao, Govinda, 2006. "Political Economy of Federalism in India," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195686937.
- Dwight R. Lee, 1994. "Reverse Revenue Sharing: A Return to Fiscal Federalism," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 14(1), pages 75-85, Spring/Su.
- C. Rangarajan & D. K. Srivastava, 2008. "Reforming India’S Fiscal Transfer System: Resolving Vertical And Horizontal Imbalances," Working Papers 2008-031, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, May.
- C. Rangarajan & D. K. Srivastava, 2008. "Reforming IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Fiscal Transfer System : Resolving Vertical and Horizontal Imbalances," Finance Working Papers 22509, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yihua Yu & Jing Wang & Xi Tian, 2016.
"Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China's Counties,"
Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 93-110, March.
- Yu, Yihua & Wang, Jing & Tian, Xi, 2013. "Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China’s Counties," MPRA Paper 61616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Geys, Benny & Konrad, Kai A., .
"Federalism and optimal allocation across levels of governance,"
Chapters in Economics,,
University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Geys, Benny & Konrad, Kai A., 2010. "Federalism and optimal allocation across levels of governance," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2010-09, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Stefan Voigt, 2011.
"Positive constitutional economics II—a survey of recent developments,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 146(1), pages 205-256, January.
- Stefan Voigt, 2009. "Positive Constitutional Economics II—A Survey of Recent Developments," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200936, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- R. Mohan & N. Ramalingam & D. Shyjan, 2014. "Horizontal Devolution of States in India-Suggestions Before the Fourteenth Finance Commission," Working Papers id:5965, eSocialSciences.
- Gawel, Erik & Heuson, Clemens & Lehmann, Paul, 2012. "Efficient public adaptation to climate change: An investigation of drivers and barriers from a Public Choice perspective," UFZ Discussion Papers 14/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- Linda Veiga & Francisco Veiga, 2013. "Intergovernmental fiscal transfers as pork barrel," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 335-353, June.
- Roy Bahl & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2013. "Sequencing Fiscal Decentralization," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(2), pages 641-687, November.
- Das, Nimai, 2016. "Federal Fiscal Transfers on Health: Implications of Fourteenth Finance Commission Recommendations at Subnational Level," MPRA Paper 79627, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alex Christie & Kim Swales, 2006. "The Efficiency of Decentralised and Devolved Government: A Framework," ERSA conference papers ersa06p533, European Regional Science Association.
- Reiner Eichenberger & Mark Schelker, 2007. "Independent and competing agencies: An effective way to control government," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 79-98, January.
- Eckardt, Martina, 2004. "Evolutionary approaches to legal change," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 47, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Sivagnanam, K. Jothi, 2007. "Poverty Reduction by Decentralisation: A Case for Rural Panchyats in Tamil Nadu," MPRA Paper 3210, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johan Eyckmans & Michael Finus, 2006.
"New roads to international environmental agreements: the case of global warming,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 7(4), pages 391-414, December.
- Michael Finus & Johan Eyckmans, 2003. "New Roads to International Environmental Agreements: The Case of Global Warming," Working Papers 2003.88, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Johan Eyckmans & Michael Finus, 2003. "New Roads to International Environmental Agreements: The Case of Global Warming," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0318, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Brousseau, Eric & Raynaud, Emmanuel, 2011.
"“Climbing the hierarchical ladders of rules”: A life-cycle theory of institutional evolution,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 65-79.
- Brousseau, Eric & Raynaud, Emmanuel, 2011. ""Climbing the hierarchical ladders of rules": A life-cycle theory of institutional evolution," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(1-2), pages 65-79, June.
- Eric Brousseau, 2011. "Climbing the Hierarchical Ladders of Rules : A Life-cycle Theory of Institutional Evolution," Post-Print halshs-00672634, HAL.
- Torgler, Benno & Schneider, Friedrich & Schaltegger, Christoph A., 2007.
"With or Against the People? The Impact of a Bottom-Up Approach on Tax Morale and the Shadow Economy,"
Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series
qt6331x6vz, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Benno Torgler & Friedrich Schneider & Christoph A. Schaltegger, 2007. "With or Against the People? The Impact of a Bottom-Up Approach on Tax Morale and the Shadow Economy," CREMA Working Paper Series 2007-04, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Alexandre De PodestÂ· Gomes, 2018. "The mainstream economics interpretation of the local state and central-local relations in Post-Mao China: a critical review," Working Papers 214, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Eyal Baharad & Shmuel Nitzan, 2011.
"Condorcet vs. Borda in light of a dual majoritarian approach,"
Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 151-162, August.
- Eyal Baharad & Shmuel Nitzan, 2010. "Condorcet vs. Borda in Light of a Dual Majoritarian Approach," Working Papers 2010-07, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Hahn Robert, 2010.
"Designing Smarter Regulation with Improved Benefit-Cost Analysis,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-19, July.
- Hahn, Robert, 2010. "Designing Smarter Regulation with Improved Benefit-Cost Analysis," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 1-19, July.
- Silvia Dominguez-Martinez & Otto Swank, 2006.
"Polarization, Information Collection and Electoral Control,"
Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 26(3), pages 527-545, June.
- Silvia Dominguez Martinez & Otto H. Swank, 2004. "Polarization, Information Collection and Electoral Control," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-035/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Erwin Ooghe & Andreas Peichl, 2015. "Fair and Efficient Taxation under Partial Control," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 125(589), pages 2024-2051, December.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; vertical and horizontal inmalance; finance commission; Gross Domestic Product; GDP; state; GSDP; service tax; indirect taxes; direct; central excise; revenue; devolution; taxes; grants; centre; states; distribution; taxes; devolution;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-02-27 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-CWA-2010-02-27 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-GEO-2010-02-27 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2010-02-27 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2010-02-27 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Padma Prakash (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.