Tax Devolution and Grant Distribution to States in India Analysis and Roadmap for Alternatives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2008. "Do remittances impact the economy? Some empirical evidences from a developing economy," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 407, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Singh, Nirvikar & Rao, Govinda, 2006. "Political Economy of Federalism in India," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195686937.
- Dwight R. Lee, 1994. "Reverse Revenue Sharing: A Return to Fiscal Federalism," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 14(1), pages 75-85, Spring/Su.
- C. Rangarajan & D. K. Srivastava, 2008. "Reforming India’S Fiscal Transfer System: Resolving Vertical And Horizontal Imbalances," Working Papers 2008-031, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, April.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- C. Rangarajan & D. K. Srivastava, 2008. "Reforming IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Fiscal Transfer System : Resolving Vertical and Horizontal Imbalances," Finance Working Papers 22509, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; vertical and horizontal inmalance; finance commission; Gross Domestic Product; GDP; state; GSDP; service tax; indirect taxes; direct; central excise; revenue; devolution; taxes; grants; centre; states; distribution; taxes; devolution;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-02-27 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2010-02-27 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-GEO-2010-02-27 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2010-02-27 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2010-02-27 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:2421. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .