Comparing the Travel Cost Method and the Contingent Valuation Method ? An application of Convergent Validity Theory to the Recreational Value of Irish Forests
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Langford* & Areti Kontogianni & Mihalis Skourtos & Stavros Georgiou & Ian Bateman, 1998. "Multivariate Mixed Models for Open-Ended Contingent Valuation Data: Willingness To Pay For Conservation of Monk Seals," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(4), pages 443-456, December.
- Scarpa, Riccardo & Chilton, Susan M. & Hutchinson, W. George & Buongiorno, Joseph, 2000.
"Valuing the recreational benefits from the creation of nature reserves in Irish forests,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 237-250, May.
- Riccardo Scarpa & Susan M. Chilton & W. George Hutchinson & Joseph Buongiorno, 1999. "Valuing the Recreational Benefits From the Creation of Nature Reserves in Irish Forests," Working Papers 1999.11, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Richard Carson & Nicholas Flores & Norman Meade, 2001.
"Contingent Valuation: Controversies and Evidence,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 19(2), pages 173-210, June.
- Carson, Richard T & Flores, Nicholas A, 2000. "Contingent Valuation: Controversies and Evidence," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt75k752s7, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- John A. Curtis, 2002. "Estimating the Demand for Salmon Angling in Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 33(3), pages 319-332.
- Yongsik Jeon & Joseph Herriges, 2010.
"Convergent Validity of Contingent Behavior Responses in Models of Recreation Demand,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 223-250, February.
- Jeon, Yongsik & Herriges, Joseph A., 2005. "Convergent Validity of Contingent Behavior Responses in Models of Recreation Demand," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12473, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Hynes & Cathal Buckley & Tom van Rensburg, 2006. "Agricultural versus Recreational Activity on Marginal Farm Land: A Discrete-Choice Model of Recreational Activity on Irish Farm Commonage," Working Papers 0603, Rural Economy and Development Programme,Teagasc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elizelle Juaneé Cilliers & Wim Timmermans, 2015. "An Integrative Approach to Value-Added Planning: From Community Needs to Local Authority Revenue," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 675-687, December.
- repec:eee:touman:v:42:y:2014:i:c:p:141-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Häggmark-Svensson, Tobias & Elofsson, Katarina & Engelmann, Marc & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2015. "A review of the literature on benefits, costs, and policies for wildlife management," Working Paper Series 2015:1, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsContingent Valuation; Travel Cost Model; Forest Recreation.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2007-08-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2007-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2007-08-14 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2007-08-14 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:wp190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .