EU Federalism in Crisis
In the run-up to this week’s European Council, Karel Lannoo offers his assessment of what has been put on the table so far in response to the euro crisis – and what more needs to be done. He starts with an assessment of the measures taken in the ‘six-pack’ and the debate on the Euro-plus Pact and then addresses some operational elements of the European Stability Mechanism and the question whether the EU is, as often alleged, a transfer union. The CEPS Chief Executive concludes his brief by proposing a pragmatic agenda of items on which the EU could advance towards a more federal economic union.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Place du Congrès, B-1000 Bruxelles|
Phone: (+322) 229-39-11
Fax: (+322) 229-39-71
Web page: http://www.ceps.eu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010.
"Fiscal Federalism in Crisis: Lessons for Europe from the US,"
1002, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest, revised 10 Sep 2010.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010. "Fiscal Federalism in Crisis: Lessons for Europe from the US," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1021, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zsolt Darvas, 2010. "Fiscal federalism in crisis: lessons for Europe from the US," Policy Contributions 420, Bruegel.
- Haug, Jutta & Lamassoure, Alain & Verhofstadt, Guy & Gros, Daniel & De Grauwe, Paul & Ricard-Nihoul, Gaëtane & Rubio, Eulalia, 2011. "Europe for Growth: For a Radical Change in Financing the EU," CEPS Papers 4374, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Paul De Grauwe & Daniel Gros, 2009. "A New Two-Pillar Strategy for the ECB," CESifo Working Paper Series 2818, CESifo Group Munich.
- Valiante, Diego, 2011. "The Eurozone Debt Crisis: From its origins to a way forward," CEPS Papers 5985, Centre for European Policy Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eps:cepswp:6498. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margarita Minkova)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.