Entry, survival, and growth of manufacturing firms in Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dunne, Paul & Hughes, Alan, 1994. "Age, Size, Growth and Survival: UK Companies in the 1980s," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 115-140, June.
- McPherson, Michael A., 1996. "Growth of micro and small enterprises in southern Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 253-277, March.
- Eric Bartelsman & Stefano Scarpetta & Fabiano Schivardi, 2003. "Comparative Analysis of Firm Demographics and Survival: Micro-Level Evidence for the OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 348, OECD Publishing.
- Jan Willem Gunning & Paul Collier, 1999. "Explaining African Economic Performance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 64-111, March.
- Evans, David S, 1987. "Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(4), pages 657-674, August.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- James Levinsohn & Amil Petrin, 2003. "Estimating Production Functions Using Inputs to Control for Unobservables," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 317-341.
- Admasu Shiferaw, 2007.
"Firm Heterogeneity and Market Selection in Sub-Saharan Africa: Does It Spur Industrial Progress?,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 393-423.
- Shiferaw, Admasu, 2007. "Firm Heterogeneity and Market Selection in Sub-Saharan Africa: Does It Spur Industrial Progress?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(2), pages 393-423, January.
- Shiferaw, A., 2005. "Firm heterogeneity and market selection in Sub-Saharan Africa : does it spur industrial progress?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19171, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Frazer, Garth, 2005. "Which Firms Die? A Look at Manufacturing Firm Exit in Ghana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 585-617, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shiferaw, A., 2006. "Capital adjustment patterns and uncertainty in African manufacturing," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18759, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Girum Abebe, 2012. "Ownership, Management Practices, Upgrading, and Productivity in the Metalworking sector: Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers 009, Ethiopian Development Research Institute.
- Habtamu Tesfaye Edjigu, 2016. "Firm Growth and Technical Efficiency in Ethiopia: The Role of Firm Size and Finance," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(10), pages 1-13, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEthiopia; business economics; econometric analysis; manufacturing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:euriss:19185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/issssnl.html .