Generalized equilibrium in an economy without the survival assumption
It is well known that an equilibrium in the Arrow-Debreu model may fail to exist if a very restrictive condition called the survival assumption is not satisfied. We study two approaches that allow for the relaxation of this condition. Danilov and Sotskov (1990), and Florig (2001) developed a concept of a generalized equilibrium based on a notion of hierarchic prices. Marakulin (1990) proposed a concept of an equilibrium with non-standard prices. In this paper, we establish the equivalence between non-standard and hierarchic equilibria. Furthermore, we show that for any specified system of dividends the set of such equilibria is generically finite. We also provide a generic characterization of hierarchic equilibria and give an easy proof of the core equivalence result.
|Date of creation:||16 Dec 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Postbus 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam|
Phone: 31 10 4081111
Web page: http://www.eur.nl/ese
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kajii, Atsushi, 1996. "How to discard non-satiation and free-disposal with paper money," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 75-84.
- Florig, Michael, 2001. "Hierarchic competitive equilibria," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 515-546, July.
- Konovalov, A., 2001. "Essays in general equilibrium theory," Other publications TiSEM fece7269-5d1e-47b9-a21c-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Makarov, V. L., 1981. "Some results on general assumptions about the existence of economic equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 87-99, March.
- Danilov, V. I. & Sotskov, A. I., 1990. "A generalized economic equilibrium," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 341-356.
- DREZE, Jacques H. & MÜLLER, Heinz, "undated".
"Optimality properties of rationing schemes,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
440, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Smale, S., 1974. "Global analysis and economics IIA : Extension of a theorem of Debreu," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-14, March.
- MERTENS , Jean-François, 1996.
"The limit-price mechanism,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1996050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gale, David, 1976. "The linear exchange model," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 205-209, July.
- Konovalov, A., 1998. "Core Equivalence in Economies With Satiation," Discussion Paper 1998-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ems:eureir:537. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RePub)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.