A Note on Bargaining over Complementary Pieces of Information in Networks
We consider two specific network structures, the star and the line, and study the set of bilateral alternating-offers bargaining procedures for the pairs of connected agents. Agents have complementary information and bargain over the relative price of their pieces of information. We characterize the unique subgame perfect equilibrium outcome for each of these network structures.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Carretera México Toluca 3655 Lomas Sta. Fe, México D.F.|
Phone: 01 800 021 2433
Web page: http://www.cide.edu/divisiones-academicas/economia/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Abreu, Dilip & Manea, Mihai, 2012.
"Bargaining and efficiency in networks,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 43-70.
- Polanski, Arnold, 2007. "A decentralized model of information pricing in networks," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 497-512, September.
- Ariel Rubinstein, 2010.
"Perfect Equilibrium in a Bargaining Model,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
252, David K. Levine.
- Corominas-Bosch, Margarida, 2004. "Bargaining in a network of buyers and sellers," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 35-77, March.
- Jeanne Hagenbach & Frédéric Koessler, 2009.
"Strategic Communication Networks,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Jeanne Hagenbach & Frédéric Koessler, 2008. "Strategic communication networks," PSE Working Papers halshs-00586847, HAL.
- Jeanne Hagenbach & Frédéric Koessler, 2009. "Strategic communication networks," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emc:wpaper:dte504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.