Trends in Business Ownership in Central and East European Transition Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mirjam Praag & André Stel, 2013.
"The more business owners, the merrier? The role of tertiary education,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 335-357, August.
- Mirjam van Praag & Andre van Stel, 2011. "The More Business Owners the Merrier? The Role of Tertiary Education," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-067/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- André van Stel & Mirjam van Praag, 2011. "The More Business Owners the Merrier? The Role of Tertiary Education," Scales Research Reports H201010, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Rafael La Porta, 2008.
"The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 46(2), pages 285-332, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2007. "The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins," NBER Working Papers 13608, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei, 2008. "The Economic Consequences of Legal Origins," Scholarly Articles 2962610, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- André Stel & David Storey & A. Thurik, 2007.
"The Effect of Business Regulations on Nascent and Young Business Entrepreneurship,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 171-186, March.
- van Stel, A.J. & Storey, D. & Thurik, A.R., 2006. "The Effect of Business Regulations on Nascent and Young Business Entrepreneurship," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-052-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- André van Stel & Roy Thurik & David Storey, 2006. "The effect of business regulations on nascent and young business entrepreneurship," Scales Research Reports H200609, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Wennekers, Sander & van Stel, André & Carree, Martin & Thurik, Roy, 2010.
"The Relationship between Entrepreneurship and Economic Development: Is It U-Shaped?,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship,
now publishers, vol. 6(3), pages 167-237, July.
- André van Stel & Roy Thurik & Sander Wennekers & Martin Carree, 2010. "The relationship between entrepreneurship and economic development: is it U-shaped?," Scales Research Reports H200824, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 2000. "The New Institutional Economics: Taking Stock, Looking Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 595-613, September.
- Andre van Stel, "undated".
"COMPENDIA: Harmonizing business ownership data across countries and over time,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2005-05, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- André van Stel, 2004. "COMPENDIA: Harmonizing business ownership data across countries and over time," Scales Research Reports N200413, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- André van Stel & Chantal Hartog & J. Cieslik Cieslik, 2010. "Measuring Business Ownership Across Countries and Over Time: Extending the COMPENDIA Data Base," Scales Research Reports H201019, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Jan Winiecki, 2004. "Determinants of catching up or falling behind: interaction of formal and informal institutions," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 137-152.
- Kristina Nyström, 2008.
"The institutions of economic freedom and entrepreneurship: evidence from panel data,"
Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 269-282, September.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008. "The Institutions of Economic Freedom and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Panel Data," Ratio Working Papers 114, The Ratio Institute.
- Simon C. Parker & Emilio Congregado & Antonio A. Golpe, 2012. "Testing for hysteresis in entrepreneurship in 23 OECD countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 61-66, January.
- Stam, Erik & Stel, Andre van, 2009. "Types of Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," MERIT Working Papers 049, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Vladimír Benáček, 1995. "Small Businesses and Private Entrepreneurship during Transition: The Case of the Czech Republic," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 38-75, April.
- van der Zwan Peter & Verheul Ingrid & Thurik Roy, 2011. "The Entrepreneurial Ladder in Transition and Non-Transition Economies," Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-20, March.
- Szirmai, Adam & Naude, Wim & Goedhuys, Micheline (ed.), 2011. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Economic Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199596515.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2012-02-08 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2012-02-08 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HME-2012-02-08 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2012-02-08 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2012-02-08 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eim:papers:h201202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster EIM). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eimbpnl.html .