Discovering economic history in footnotes: the story of the Tong Taisheng merchant archive (1790-1850)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Loren Brandt & Debin Ma & Thomas G. Rawski, 2014.
"From Divergence to Convergence: Reevaluating the History behind China's Economic Boom,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 52(1), pages 45-123, March.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas G., 2012. "From divergence to convergence: re-evaluating the history behind China’s economic boom," Economic History Working Papers 41660, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas, 2013. "From Divergence to Convergence: Re-evaluating the History Behind China’s Economic Boom," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 117, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Loren Brandt & Debin Ma & Thomas G. Rawski, 2012. "From Divergence to Convergence: Re-evaluating the History Behind China's Economic Boom," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd11-217, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Brandt, Loren & Ma, Debin & Rawski, Thomas G., 2013. "From divergence to convergence: re-evaluating the history behind China’s economic boom," Economic History Working Papers 50816, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Debin Ma, 2004. "Growth, institutions and knowledge: a review and reflection on the historiography of 18th-20th century China," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 44(3), pages 259-277, November.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
KeywordsTong Taisheng; Ningjin; Rong Mengyuan; merchant account books; economic statistics.;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
- N0 - Economic History - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2016-09-11 (China)
- NEP-HIS-2016-09-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2016-09-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:67552. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.