Approximating conditional distribution functions using dimension reduction
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Foresi, S. & Paracchi, F., 1992. "The Conditional Distribution of Excess Returns: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 92-49, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Hall, Peter & Wolff, Rodney C. L. & Yao, Qiwei, 1999. "Methods for estimating a conditional distribution function," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6631, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hyndman, R.J. & Yao, Q., 1998.
"Nonparametric Estimation and Symmetry Tests for Conditional Density Functions,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
17/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Yao, Qiwei & Hyndman, Rob J., 2002. "Nonparametric estimation and symmetry tests for conditional density functions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6092, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fan, Jianqing & Yao, Qiwei & Tong, Howell, 1996. "Estimation of conditional densities and sensitivity measures in nonlinear dynamical systems," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6704, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-1430, November.
- Bashtannyk, David M. & Hyndman, Rob J., 2001.
"Bandwidth selection for kernel conditional density estimation,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 279-298, May.
- Bashtannyk, D.M. & Hyndman, R.J., 1998. "Bandwidth Selection for Kernel Conditional Density Estimation," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 16/98, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Xiangrong Yin & R. Dennis Cook, 2002. "Dimension reduction for the conditional "k"th moment in regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(2), pages 159-175.
- Klein, Roger W & Spady, Richard H, 1993.
"An Efficient Semiparametric Estimator for Binary Response Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 387-421, March.
- Klein, R.W. & Spady, R.H., 1991. "An Efficient Semiparametric Estimator for Binary Response Models," Papers 70, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Cai, Zongwu, 2002. "Regression Quantiles For Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 169-192, February.
- Toshiaki Watana, 2000. "Excess kurtosis of conditional distribution for daily stock returns: the case of Japan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(6), pages 353-355.
- Posse, Christian, 1995. "Projection pursuit exploratory data analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 669-687, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:testjl:v:27:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11749-017-0546-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jmvana:v:158:y:2017:i:c:p:47-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cao, Ricardo & Gonzalez-Manteiga, Wenceslao, 2008. "Goodness-of-fit tests for conditional models under censoring and truncation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 166-190, March.
- repec:bla:scjsta:v:44:y:2017:i:2:p:396-424 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Ziqing & Xue, Liugen & Zhu, Lixing, 2010. "On an asymptotically more efficient estimation of the single-index model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(8), pages 1898-1901, September.
- Chiang, Chin-Tsang & Huang, Ming-Yueh, 2012. "New estimation and inference procedures for a single-index conditional distribution model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 271-285.
- Carole Bernard & Junsen Tang, 2016. "Simplified Hedge For Path-Dependent Derivatives," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 19(07), pages 1-32, November.
- repec:bla:scjsta:v:44:y:2017:i:1:p:1-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sancetta, Alessio, 2009.
"Nearest neighbor conditional estimation for Harris recurrent Markov chains,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 100(10), pages 2224-2236, November.
- Sancetta, A., 2007. "Nearest Neighbor Conditional Estimation for Harris Recurrent Markov Chains," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0735, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsConditional distribution; cross-validation; dimension reduction; kernel methods; leave-one-out method; local linear regression; nonparametric regression; prediction; root-n consistency; time series analysis;
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:16333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.