In search for stability in crypto-assets: are stablecoins the solution?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yi, Shuyue & Xu, Zishuang & Wang, Gang-Jin, 2018. "Volatility connectedness in the cryptocurrency market: Is Bitcoin a dominant cryptocurrency?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 98-114.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Rajcaniova, Miroslava & Kancs, d'Artis, 2018.
"Virtual relationships: Short- and long-run evidence from BitCoin and altcoin markets,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 173-195.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2017. "Virtual Relationships: Short- and Long-run Evidence from BitCoin and Altcoin Markets," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2017/02, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2017. "Virtual Relationships: Short- and Long-run Evidence from BitCoin and Altcoin Markets," Papers 1706.07216, arXiv.org.
- Ciaian, Pavel & Kancs, d'Artis & Rajcaniova, Miroslava, 2017. "Virtual Relationships: Short- and Long-run Evidence from BitCoin and Altcoin Markets," Working Papers 2017-05, Joint Research Centre, European Commission (Ispra site).
- Andrew Burnie, 2018. "Exploring the Interconnectedness of Cryptocurrencies using Correlation Networks," Papers 1806.06632, arXiv.org.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1999.
"Price-Level Targeting versus Inflation Targeting: A Free Lunch?,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 31(3), pages 277-295, August.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1996. "Price-level Targeting versus Inflation Targeting: A Free Lunch?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1510, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ruttenberg, Wiebe & Pinna, Andrea, 2016. "Distributed ledger technologies in securities post-trading - Revolution or evolution?," Occasional Paper Series 172, European Central Bank.
- Taylor, John B., 1993. "Discretion versus policy rules in practice," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 195-214, December.
- Corbet, Shaen & Meegan, Andrew & Larkin, Charles & Lucey, Brian & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2018. "Exploring the dynamic relationships between cryptocurrencies and other financial assets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 28-34.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexis Derviz, 2020. "Stablecoins - a gateway between conventional and crypto financial universes?," Occasional Publications - Chapters in Edited Volumes, in: CNB Global Economic Outlook - March 2020, pages 12-16, Czech National Bank.
- Louis Abraham & Dominique Guegan, 2019. "The other side of the Coin: Risks of the Libra Blockchain," Post-Print halshs-02325808, HAL.
- Alexander Lipton & Aetienne Sardon & Fabian Schar & Christian Schupbach, 2020. "From Tether to Libra: Stablecoins, Digital Currency and the Future of Money," Papers 2005.12949, arXiv.org.
- Ariah Klages-Mundt & Andreea Minca, 2020. "While Stability Lasts: A Stochastic Model of Stablecoins," Papers 2004.01304, arXiv.org.
- Ariah Klages-Mundt & Dominik Harz & Lewis Gudgeon & Jun-You Liu & Andreea Minca, 2020. "Stablecoins 2.0: Economic Foundations and Risk-based Models," Papers 2006.12388, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2020.
- Auer, Raphael, 2019.
"Embedded supervision: how to build regulation into blockchain finance,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
14095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raphael Auer, 2019. "Embedded Supervision: How to Build Regulation into Blockchain Finance," Globalization Institute Working Papers 371, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Raphael Auer, 2019. "Embedded supervision: how to build regulation into blockchain finance," BIS Working Papers 811, Bank for International Settlements.
- Oliver Read & Stefan Schäfer, 2020. "Libra Project: Regulators Act on Global Stablecoins," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 55(6), pages 392-398, November.
- Force, ECB Crypto Assets Task, 2020. "Stablecoins: Implications for monetary policy, financial stability, market infrastructure and payments, and banking supervision in the euro area," Occasional Paper Series 247, European Central Bank.
- Dimitris Malliaropulos & Petros Migiakis, 2020. "Sovereign credit ratings and the fundamentals of the Greek economy," Economic Bulletin, Bank of Greece, issue 51, pages 1-30, July.
- Nadler, Philip & Guo, Yike, 2020. "The fair value of a token: How do markets price cryptocurrencies?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Paolo Giudici & Thomas Leach & Paolo Pagnottoni, 2020. "Libra or Librae? Basket based stablecoins to mitigate foreign exchange volatility spillovers," DEM Working Papers Series 183, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Louis Abraham & Dominique Guégan, 2019. "The other side of the Coin: Risks of the Libra Blockchain," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 19015, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Bindseil, Ulrich, 2020. "Tiered CBDC and the financial system," Working Paper Series 2351, European Central Bank.
- Louis Abraham & Dominique Guégan, 2019. "The other side of the Coin: Risks of the Libra Blockchain," Working Papers 2019: 30, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Richard K. Lyons & Ganesh Viswanath-Natraj, 2020. "What Keeps Stablecoins Stable?," NBER Working Papers 27136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Louis Abraham & Dominique Guegan, 2019. "The other side of the Coin: Risks of the Libra Blockchain," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-02325808, HAL.
More about this item
Keywordscrypto-assets; distributed ledger technology; electronic money; stablecoins;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecb:ecbops:2019230. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/emieude.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.