Mutual Point-winning Probabilities (MPW): a New Performance Measure for Table Tennis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Siem Jan Koopman & Rutger Lit, 2015.
"A dynamic bivariate Poisson model for analysing and forecasting match results in the English Premier League,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 178(1), pages 167-186, January.
- Siem Jan Koopman & Rutger Lit, 2012. "A Dynamic Bivariate Poisson Model for Analysing and Forecasting Match Results in the English Premier League," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-099/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Baker, Rose D. & McHale, Ian G., 2014. "A dynamic paired comparisons model: Who is the greatest tennis player?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(2), pages 677-684.
- Davy Paindaveine & Yves-Caoimhin Swan, 2009. "A stochastic analysis of some two-person sports," Working Papers ECARES 2009_025, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- James T. Peach & Steven L. Fullerton & Thomas M. Fullerton, 2016. "An empirical analysis of the 2014 Major League Baseball season," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 138-141, February.
- Peter J. Diggle, 2015. "Statistics: a data science for the 21st century," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 178(4), pages 793-813, October.
- Klaassen F. J G M & Magnus J. R., 2001. "Are Points in Tennis Independent and Identically Distributed? Evidence From a Dynamic Binary Panel Data Model," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 500-509, June.
More about this item
Keywordsbradley-terry model; maximum likelihood estimation; round-robin tournament; sport performance analysis; strength model;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2017-05-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-SPO-2017-05-14 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/250695. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .