Desk rejection in an academic publication market model with matching frictions
Subject to a huge and growing number of journal titles in business and economics, scholars sometimes target the wrong journal. Editors resort more and more to paper pre-screening, and desk reject those that do not fit well to the editorial line. This paper provides a dynamic analysis of the market for academic publications that brings into the picture these matching frictions. The key modelling device is a paper-journal matching function, similar to the matching function traditional in labor economics. Our main endogenous variables are the submission fee and the tension in the publication market, itself directly related to the number of journal titles.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: ESSEC Research Center, BP 105, 95021 Cergy, France|
Web page: http://www.essec.edu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baroni, Michel & Barthélémy, Fabrice & Mokrane, Mahdi, 2005. "A PCA Factor Repeat Sales Index (1973-2001) To Forecast Apartment Prices in Paris (France)," ESSEC Working Papers DR 05002, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Batista, Catia & Potin, Jacques, 2008. "International Specialization and the Return to Capital, 1976-2000," ESSEC Working Papers DR 08001, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Batista, Catia & Potin, Jacques, 2006. "Stages of Diversification and Capital Accumulation in an Heckscher-Ohlin World, 1975-1995," ESSEC Working Papers DR 06008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Damien Besancenot & Radu Vranceanu, 2011.
"Banks Risk Race: A Signaling Explanation,"
CEPN Working Papers
- Baroni, Michel & Barthélémy, Fabrice & Mokrane, Mahdi, 2004. "The Paris Residential Market: Driving Factors and Market Behaviour 1973-2001," ESSEC Working Papers DR 04006, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Lee, Sam-Ho, 2009. "A theory of self-selection in a market with matching frictions: An application to delay in refereeing times in economics journals," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 344-360, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:essewp:dr-09008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sophie Magnanou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.