Distributive and Additive Costsharing of an Homogeneous Good
We consider the sharing of the cost of producing a homogeneous good when the technology has variable returns and individuals have arbitrary demands. We give a full analytical description of the family of costsharing methods that allocate costs in propor tion to demands when returns are constant, and commute with the additivity and composition of cost functions.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in GAMES AND ECONOMIC BEHAVIOR, Vol. 27, 1999, pages 299-330|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (919) 660-1800
Fax: (919) 684-8974
Web page: http://econ.duke.edu/
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eric Friedman & Moulin, Herve, 1995.
"Three Methods to Share Joint Costs or Surplus,"
95-38, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Shubik, 1962.
"Incentives, Decentralized Control, the Assignment of Joint Costs and Internal Pricing,"
INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 325-343, April.
- Martin Shubik, 1961. "Incentives, Decentralized Control, the Assignment of Joint Costs and Internal Pricing," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 112, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- William W. Sharkey & Richard P. McLean, 1998. "Weighted Aumann-Shapley pricing," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 27(4), pages 511-523.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Maniquet, Francois, 1996. "Cooperative Production: A Comparison of Welfare Bounds," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 200-208, December.
- O'Neill, Barry, 1982. "A problem of rights arbitration from the Talmud," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 345-371, June.
- Aumann, Robert J. & Maschler, Michael, 1985. "Game theoretic analysis of a bankruptcy problem from the Talmud," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 195-213, August.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R, 1975. "Cross-Subsidization: Pricing in Public Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 966-77, December.
- Pfingsten, Andreas, 1991. "Surplus-sharing methods," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 287-301, June.
- Moulin, Herve, 1992. "Welfare bounds in the cooperative production problem," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 373-401, July.
- Young, H. P., 1988. "Distributive justice in taxation," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 321-335, April.
- Hervé Moulin, 1995.
"On Additive Methods To Share Joint Costs,"
The Japanese Economic Review,
Japanese Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 303-332, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:duk:dukeec:97-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.