Portfolio selection through and extremality stochastic order
In this paper we introduce a new multivariate stochastic order that compares random vectors in a direction which is determined by a unit vector, generalizing previous upper and lower orthant order. The main properties of this new order, together with its relationships with other multivariate stochastic orders, are investigated and, we present some examples of application in the determination of optimal allocations of wealth among risks in single period portfolio problems.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Landsman, Zinoviy, 2004. "On the generalization of Esscher and variance premiums modified for the elliptical family of distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 563-579, December.
- Yaari, Menahem E, 1987. "The Dual Theory of Choice under Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 95-115, January.
- Landsman, Zinoviy & Tsanakas, Andreas, 2006. "Stochastic ordering of bivariate elliptical distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(5), pages 488-494, March.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R., 1971. "Stochastic dominance and diversification," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 288-305, September.
- Rinott, Yosef & Scarsini, Marco, 2006.
"Total positivity order and the normal distribution,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1251-1261, May.
- Marco Scarsini & Yosef Rinott, 2006. "Total positivity order and the normal distribution," Post-Print hal-00538990, HAL.
- Franco Pellerey & Patrizia Semeraro, 2005. "A Note on the Portfolio Selection Problem," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 59(4), pages 295-306, December.
- Bauerle, Nicole & Muller, Alfred, 2006. "Stochastic orders and risk measures: Consistency and bounds," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 132-148, February.
- Karlin, Samuel & Rinott, Yosef, 1980. "Classes of orderings of measures and related correlation inequalities. I. Multivariate totally positive distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 467-498, December.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws121812. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.