Circular Bernstein polynomial distributions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sonia Petrone, 1999. "Random Bernstein Polynomials," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(3), pages 373-393, September.
- A. Mooney, Jennifer & Helms, Peter J. & Jolliffe, Ian T., 2003. "Fitting mixtures of von Mises distributions: a case study involving sudden infant death syndrome," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 505-513, January.
- K. V. Mardia, 1999. "Directional statistics and shape analysis," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(8), pages 949-957.
- Sonia Petrone & Larry Wasserman, 2002. "Consistency of Bernstein polynomial posteriors," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(1), pages 79-100, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wiper, Michael Peter & Zhao, Yanyun & Ausín Olivera, María Concepción, 2013. "Bayesian multivariate Bernstein polynomial density estimation," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws131211, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Yuhui Chen & Timothy Hanson & Jiajia Zhang, 2014. "Accelerated hazards model based on parametric families generalized with Bernstein polynomials," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 192-201, March.
- Alexandre Leblanc, 2010. "A bias-reduced approach to density estimation using Bernstein polynomials," Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 459-475.
- Wiper, Michael Peter & Carnicero, José Antonio, 2008. "A semi-parametric model for circular data based on mixtures of beta distributions," DES - Working Papers. Statistics and Econometrics. WS ws081305, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Estadística.
- Burda, Martin & Prokhorov, Artem, 2014.
"Copula based factorization in Bayesian multivariate infinite mixture models,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 200-213.
- Martin Burda & Artem Prokhorov, 2012. "Copula Based Factorization in Bayesian Multivariate Infinite Mixture Models," Working Papers 12012, Concordia University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Burda & Artem Prokhorov, 2013. "Copula Based Factorization in Bayesian Multivariate Infinite Mixture Models," Working Papers tecipa-473, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Lorenzo Trippa & Paolo Bulla & Sonia Petrone, 2011. "Extended Bernstein prior via reinforced urn processes," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 63(3), pages 481-496, June.
- Sonia Petrone & Piero Veronese, 2002. "Non parametric mixture priors based on an exponential random scheme," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 11(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Kim, Dong-Hyuk, 2013. "Optimal choice of a reserve price under uncertainty," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 587-602.
- Andrés F. Barrientos & Alejandro Jara & Fernando A. Quintana, 2017. "Fully Nonparametric Regression for Bounded Data Using Dependent Bernstein Polynomials," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 112(518), pages 806-825, April.
- Gard, Charlotte C. & Brown, Elizabeth R., 2015. "A Bayesian hierarchical model for estimating and partitioning Bernstein polynomial density functions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 73-83.
- Toshihiro Abe & Arthur Pewsey & Kunio Shimizu, 2013. "Extending circular distributions through transformation of argument," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 65(5), pages 833-858, October.
- Toshihiro Abe & Arthur Pewsey, 2011. "Sine-skewed circular distributions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 683-707, August.
- Koch, Erwan & Robert, Christian Y., 2019. "Geometric ergodicity for some space–time max-stable Markov chains," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 43-49.
- M. Jones & Arthur Pewsey & Shogo Kato, 2015. "On a class of circulas: copulas for circular distributions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 67(5), pages 843-862, October.
- Nicosia, Aurélien & Duchesne, Thierry & Rivest, Louis-Paul & Fortin, Daniel, 2017. "A general hidden state random walk model for animal movement," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 76-95.
- Wang, J. & Ghosh, S.K., 2012. "Shape restricted nonparametric regression with Bernstein polynomials," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 2729-2741.
- Bouezmarni, Taoufik & Rombouts, Jeroen V.K. & Taamouti, Abderrahim, 2010.
"Asymptotic properties of the Bernstein density copula estimator for [alpha]-mixing data,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 1-10, January.
- BOUEZMARNI, Taoufik & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen VK & TAAMOUTI, Abderrahim, 2010. "Asymptotic properties of the Bernstein density copula estimator for alpha-mixing data," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2302, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Karabatsos, George & Walker, Stephen G., 2007. "Bayesian nonparametric inference of stochastically ordered distributions, with Pólya trees and Bernstein polynomials," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(9), pages 907-913, May.
- Han, Bing & Dalal, Siddhartha R., 2012. "A Bernstein-type estimator for decreasing density with application to p-value adjustments," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 427-437.
- Kienzle, Marco & Sterling, David & Zhou, Shijie & Wang, You-Gan, 2016. "Maximum likelihood estimation of natural mortality and quantification of temperature effects on catchability of brown tiger prawn (Penaeus esculentus) in Moreton Bay (Australia) using logbook data," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 322(C), pages 1-9.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2010-05-22 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:wsrepe:ws102511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/dpto_estadistica .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.