O canal do crédito, o sobreendividamento e as crises económicas
Recorremos à teoria do canal do crédito para avaliar a integração de uma pequena economia, com instabilidade nominal, numa união monetária desenhada para garantir um elevado nível de estabilidade monetária. Conclui-se que o choque estrutural da integração na união monetária pode conduzir ao sobreendividamento e a uma recessão prolongada.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Estrada do Sineiro - 6200 Covilhã|
Phone: 275 319600
Fax: 275 319601
Web page: http://www.dge.ubi.pt
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Simon Gilchrist & Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1994.
"The financial accelerator and the flight to quality,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-18, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1996. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," NBER Working Papers 4789, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1994. "The Financial Accelerator and the Flight to Quality," Working Papers 94-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Stephen D. Oliner & Glenn D. Rudebusch, 1996. "Is there a broad credit channel for monetary policy?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-13.
- José Alberto Fuinhas, 2002. "Alguns considerandos sobre o canal do crédito," Working Papers de Gestão, Economia e Marketing (Management, Economics and Marketing Working Papers) 08/2002, Universidade da Beira Interior, Departamento de Gestão e Economia (Portugal).
- Simon Hall, 2001. "Financial accelerator effects in UK business cycles," Bank of England working papers 150, Bank of England.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995.
"Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 27-48, Fall.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," NBER Working Papers 5146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1995. "Inside the Black Box: The Credit Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission," Working Papers 95-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Hubbard, R Glenn & Kuttner, Kenneth N & Palia, Darius N, 2002.
"Are There Bank Effects in Borrowers' Costs of Funds? Evidence from a Matched Sample of Borrowers and Banks,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 75(4), pages 559-81, October.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Kenneth N. Kuttner & Darius N. Palia, 1999. "Are there "bank effects" in borrowers' costs of funds? Evidence from a matched sample of borrowers and banks," Staff Reports 78, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- José Alberto Fuinhas, 2002. "A admissibilidade teórica do canal do balanço," Working Papers de Gestão, Economia e Marketing (Management, Economics and Marketing Working Papers) 06/2002, Universidade da Beira Interior, Departamento de Gestão e Economia (Portugal).
- Charles X. Hu, 1999. "Leverage, monetary policy, and firm investment," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 32-39.
- Iris Claus & Christie Smith, 1999. "Financial intermediation and the monetary transmission mechanism," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 62, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:csh:wpecon:03/2003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carla Loureiro)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.