L’esperienza dei distretti produttivi in Sicilia nel triennio 2007-2010: un’analisi per macrosettori
Sicily is a region lagging in development because it still shows a large gap in terms of income per capita with the Centre-North and with the average income per capita of the European Union. The region, however, have an entrepreneurial tradition that has been consolidated in agriculture and craft activities and that has paid off even in the limited manufacturing activity. The Sicilian economy has seen the emergence in recent years of several innovative companies who can be leaders in the markets, although there are many unsolved problems that constrain the economy and its development. This paper aims to examine and evaluate the experience of the 23 productive districts recognized by the Sicilian Region in 2007, distinguishing them in two broad sectors: industry-handicraft and agrofood. The evaluation is carried out at the conclusion of the “Development Agreements” of the districts over the period 2007-2010. An assessment that may be of interest just when the Region is preparing to approve the new “Development Agreements” for the next three years.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: via Necchi, 5 (5o piano), 20123 Milano|
Web page: http://centridiricerca.unicatt.it/cranec_1800.html?type=Workingpapers
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniele Schilirò, 2008. "I distretti industriali in Italia quale Modello di Sviluppo Locale: Aspetti evolutivi, potenzialità e criticità," CRANEC - Working Papers del Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale crn0803, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Centro di Ricerche in Analisi economica e sviluppo economico internazionale (CRANEC).
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011.
"Innovation and performance of Italian multinational enterprises of the “fourth capitalism”,"
34916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele SCHILIRO, 2011. "Innovation And Performance Of Italian Multinational Enterprises Of The "Fourth Capitalism"," Journal of Advanced Research in Management, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(2), pages 89-103, December.
- Claudio Di Berardino & Giuseppe Mauro, 2011. "Crescita economica e impatto della crisi: il ruolo dei distretti industriali in Italia," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(1), pages 92-114.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011.
"Industria e distretti produttivi in Sicilia tra incentivi e sviluppo
[Manufacturing and productive districts in Sicily between incentives and development]," MPRA Paper 35246, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"Industria e distretti produttivi in Sicilia fra incentivi e sviluppo
[Industry and productive districts in Sicily, incentives and development]," MPRA Paper 76633, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012. "Industria e distretti produttivi in Sicilia fra incentivi e sviluppo
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2010.
"I distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Analisi e proposte per la competitività
[The productive districts in Sicily. Analysis and proposals for the competitiveness]," MPRA Paper 27471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniele Schilirò, 2010. "I distretti produttivi in Sicilia. Analisi e proposte per la competitività," ECONOMIA E SOCIETÀ REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2010(3), pages 92-113.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crn:wpaper:crn1201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paolo Valentini)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.