Globalisation of production and innovation: how outsourcing is reshaping an advanced manufacturing area
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Lucia Cusmano & Maria Luisa Mancusi & Andrea Morrison, 2010. "Globalization of Production and Innovation: How Outsourcing is Reshaping an Advanced Manufacturing Area," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 235-252.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abraham, Katharine G & Taylor, Susan K, 1996.
"Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 394-424, July.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Susan K. Taylor, 1993. "Firms' Use of Outside Contractors: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ron Boschma, 2004. "Competitiveness of Regions from an Evolutionary Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(9), pages 1001-1014.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lema, Rasmus & Quadros, Ruy & Schmitz, Hubert, 2015. "Reorganising global value chains and building innovation capabilities in Brazil and India," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1376-1386.
- Manuel Artis & Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2006.
"Job losses, outsourcing and relocation, empirical evidence using microdata,"
IREA Working Papers
200601, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Dec 2006.
- Artís, Manuel & Ramos, Raul & Surinach, Jordi, 2007. "Job Losses, Outsourcing and Relocation: Empirical Evidence Using Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 2978, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Manuel Artís & Raul Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2006. "Job losses, outsourcing and relocation: Empirical evidence using microdata," Working Papers CREAP2006-05, Xarxa de Referència en Economia Aplicada (XREAP), revised Oct 2006.
- Elia, Stefano & Maggi, Elena & Mariotti, Ilaria, 2011. "Does the transport industry gain from manufacturing internationalization? An empirical investigation on the Italian regions," European Transport \ Trasporti Europei, ISTIEE, Institute for the Study of Transport within the European Economic Integration, issue 49, pages 53-74.
- da Silveira, Giovani J.C., 2014. "An empirical analysis of manufacturing competitive factors and offshoring," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 163-173.
- Liza Jabbour & Maria Pluvia Zuniga, "undated". "Drivers of the Offshore Outsourcing of R&D: Empirical Evidence from French Manufacturers," Discussion Papers 09/04, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Lucia Cusmano & Andrea Morrison & Enrico Pandolfo, 2015.
"Spin-off and clustering: a return to the Marshallian district,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 49-66.
- Lucia Cusmano & Andrea Morrison & Enrico Pandolfo, 2014. "Spinoff and Clustering: a return to the Marshallian district," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1416, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2014.
- Valeria Gattai & Valentina Trovato, 2014. "Estimating sourcing premia with Italian regional data," Working Papers 276, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2014.
- Pinuccia Calia & Maria Ferrante, 2013. "How do firms combine different internationalisation modes? A multivariate probit approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 149(4), pages 663-696, December.
- Charlie Karlsson & Urban Gråsjö & Sofia Wixe (ed.), 2015. "Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15906.
- Kluck, Christian, 2012. "Zur Beschäftigungsdynamik in der Wissensökonomie: Die Entwicklung von wissensintensiven-unternehmensorientierten Dienstleistungen in Deutschland," Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsgeographie und Regionalentwicklung 2-2012, Universität Bremen, Institut für Geographie.
- Ida D'Attoma & Silvia Pacei, 2014. "Offshoring and Firm Performance: Evidence from the Italian Manufacturing Industry," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 29-44, February.
- Roberto Antonietti & Maria Rosaria Ferrante & Riccardo Leoncini, 2014. "Trust your neighbour. Industrial relatedness, social capital and outsourcing," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1403, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2014.
- Canello, Jacopo, 2016. "Migrant entrepreneurs and local networks in industrial districts," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(10), pages 1953-1964.
- Deschryvere, Matthias & Kotiranta, Annu, 2008. "Domestic Employment Effects of Offshoring: Empirical Evidence from Finland," Discussion Papers 1166, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Davide Antonioli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Sandro Montresor & Paolo Pini, 2015. "Outsourcing and Firm Productivity in a Specific Local Production System: Evidence from Reggio Emilia (Italy)," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 292-320, June.
- Ruth Rama & Adelheid Holl, 2013. "Subcontracting relationships," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economic Organization, chapter 28 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:bla:presci:v:96:y:2017:i:2:p:299-323 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liza Jabbour & Pluvia Zuniga, 2016. "The Outsourcing of Research and Development in Global Markets: Evidence from France," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 339-368, March.
- Gattai Valeria & Trovato Valentina, 2016. "Estimating Sourcing Premia Using Italian Regional Data," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1029-1067, April.
- Roberto Antonietti & Maria Rosaria Ferrante & Riccardo Leoncini, 2015. "Infrastructure endowment, social capital and outsourcing: evidence from Emilia Romagna, Italy," Chapters,in: Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Global Economy, chapter 13, pages 310-330 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsOutsourcing; Offshoring; R&D; Regional system.;
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2007-03-10 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2007-03-10 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EEC-2007-03-10 (European Economics)
- NEP-INO-2007-03-10 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cri:cespri:wp194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valerio Sterzi). General contact details of provider: http://www.kites.unibocconi.it/ .