The Sustainable Debts of Philip II: A Reconstruction of Spain's Fiscal Position, 1560-1598
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mauricio Drelichman & Hans-Joachim Voth, 2008.
"Debt Sustainability in Historical Perspective: The Role of Fiscal Repression,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(2-3), pages 657-667, 04-05.
- Joachim Voth & Mauricio Drelichman, 2008. "Debt sustainability in historical perspective: The role of fiscal repression," Economics Working Papers 1184, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Drelichman, Mauricio, 2009.
"License to till: The privileges of the Spanish Mesta as a case of second-best institutions,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 220-240, April.
- Drelichman, Mauricio, 2006. "License to Till: The Privileges of the Spanish Mesta as a Case of Second Best Institutions," Economics working papers drelichman-06-04-24-11-33, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 03 Oct 2008.
- K. Kývanç Karaman & Þevket Pamuk, 2009. "Ottoman State Finances in Comparative European Perspective, 1500-1914," Working Papers 2009/05, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Pablo Martín-Aceña & Pilar Nogues-Marco, 2012. "Crisis bancarias en la historia de España. Del Antiguo Régimen a los orígenes del capitalismo moderno," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1201, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Álvarez Nogal, Carlos & Chamley, Christophe, 2011. "Debt policy under constraints between Philip II, the Cortes and Genoese bankers," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp11-06, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
More about this item
Keywordsearly modern history; fiscal stability; natural resources; sovereign debt; Spain; sustainability;
- F34 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Lending and Debt Problems
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
- N44 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:6611. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .