How to Take Rights Seriously: A New Approach to the Intertemporal Evaluation of Social Alternatives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alvarez-Cuadrado, Francisco & Van Long, Ngo, 2009.
"A mixed Bentham-Rawls criterion for intergenerational equity: Theory and implications,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 154-168, September.
- ALVAREZ-CUADRADO, Francisco & LONG, Ngo Van, 2007. "A Mixed Bentham-Rawls Criterion for Intergenerational Equity : Theory and Implications," Cahiers de recherche 06-2007, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Francisco Alvarez-Cuadrado & Ngo Van Long, 2007. "A Mixed Bentham-Rawls Criterion For Intergenerational Equity: Theory And Implications," Departmental Working Papers 2007-03, McGill University, Department of Economics.
- Ujjayant Chakravorty & Michel Moreaux & Mabel Tidball, 2008.
"Ordering the Extraction of Polluting Nonrenewable Resources,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 1128-1144, June.
- CHAKRAVORTY Ujjayant & MOREAUX Michel & TIDBALL Mabel, 2006. "Ordering the Extraction of Polluting Nonrenewable Resources," LERNA Working Papers 06.19.212, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Chakravorty, Ujjayant & Moreaux, Michel & Tidball, Mabel, 2006. "Ordering the Extraction of Polluting Nonrenewable Resources," IDEI Working Papers 415, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- d'Autume, Antoine & Hartwick, John M. & Schubert, Katheline, 2010.
"The zero discounting and maximin optimal paths in a simple model of global warming,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 193-207, March.
- Antoine d'Autume & John M. Hartwick & Katheline Schubert, 2009. "The zero discounting and maximin optimal paths in a simple model of global warming," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 09013, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Antoine D'Autume & John Hartwick & Katheline Schubert, 2010. "The Zero Discounting and Maximin Optimal Paths in a Simple Model of Global Warming," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00547282, HAL.
- Antoine D'Autume & John M. Hartwick & Katheline Schubert, 2009. "The Zero discounting and maximin optimal paths in a simple model of global warming," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00367917, HAL.
- Geir Asheim & Stéphane Zuber, 2013.
"A complete and strongly anonymous leximin relation on infinite streams,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 41(4), pages 819-834, October.
- Geir B. Asheim & Stéphane Zuber, 2011. "A Complete and Strongly Anonymous Leximin Relation on Infinite Streams," CESifo Working Paper Series 3578, CESifo Group Munich.
- Geir B. Asheim & Stéphane Zuber, 2013. "A complete and strongly anonymous leximin relation on infinite streams," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00979780, HAL.
- Partha Dasgupta & Geoffrey Heal, 1974. "The Optimal Depletion of Exhaustible Resources," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(5), pages 3-28.
- Graciela Chichilnisky, 1996. "An axiomatic approach to sustainable development," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 13(2), pages 231-257, April.
- Geir B. Asheim & Ivar Ekeland, 2016.
"Resource conservation across generations in a Ramsey–Chichilnisky model,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 61(4), pages 611-639, April.
- Asheim, Geir B. & Ekeland, Ivar, 2015. "Resource Conservation across Generations in a Ramsey-Chichilnisky Model," Memorandum 17/2015, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Burmeister, Edwin & Hammond, P J, 1977. "Maximin Paths of Heterogeneous Capital Accumulation and the Instability of Paradoxical Steady States," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(4), pages 853-870, May.
- Deb, Rajat, 1994. "Waiver, Effectivity and Rights as Game Forms," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(242), pages 167-178, May.
More about this item
KeywordsRights; Welfare; Intergenerational Equity; Sustainable Development; Droits; Bien-être; Equité entre les générations; Développement durable;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2016s-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.