Estimating Labor Supply Responses and Welfare Participation: Using a Natural Experiment to Validate a Structural Labor Supply Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jorgen Hansen & Xingfei Liu, 2015. "Estimating labour supply responses and welfare participation: Using a natural experiment to validate a structural labour supply model," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1831-1854, December.
- Hansen, Jörgen & Liu, Xingfei, 2011. "Estimating Labor Supply Responses and Welfare Participation: Using a Natural Experiment to Validate a Structural Labor Supply Model," IZA Discussion Papers 5718, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kurowska, Anna & Myck, Michal & Wrohlich, Katharina, 2012.
"Family and Labor Market Choices: Requirements to Guide Effective Evidence-Based Policy,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6846, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Anna Kurowska & Michal Myck & Katharina Wrohlich, 2012. "Family and Labor Market Choices: Requirements to Guide Effective Evidence-Based Policy," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1234, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Liu, Xingfei, 2014. "Educational Attainment of Second-Generation Immigrants: A U.S.-Canada Comparison," IZA Discussion Papers 8685, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thor O. Thoresen & Trine E. Vattø, 2013. "Validation of structural labor supply model by the elasticity of taxable income," Discussion Papers 738, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Pronzato, Chiara D., 2012. "Comparing Quasi-Experimental Designs and Structural Models for Policy Evaluation: The Case of a Reform of Lone Parental Welfare," IZA Discussion Papers 6803, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- D. Vandelannoote & P. Vanleenhove & A. Decoster & J. Ghysels & G. Verbist, 2015. "Maternal employment: the impact of triple rationing in childcare," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 685-707, September.
- Peter Ericson & Lennart Flood & Nizamul Islam, 2015. "Taxes, wages and working hours," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 49(2), pages 503-535, September.
- Chiara Daniela Pronzato, 2015.
"Fighting Lone Mothers’ Poverty Through In-Work Benefits: Methodological Issues and Policy Suggestions,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 61(1), pages 95-122.
- Chiara Pronzato, 2013. "Fighting Lone Mothers' Poverty through in-Work Benefits - Methodological Issues and Policy Suggestions," CESifo Working Paper Series 4375, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pronzato, Chiara Daniela, 2014. "Fighting Lone Mothers’ Poverty through In-Work Benefits Methodological Issues and Policy Suggestions," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201420, University of Turin.
- Kabatek, J., 2013. "Iteration Capping For Discrete Choice Models Using the EM Algorithm," Discussion Paper 2013-019, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- BARGAIN Olivier & DOORLEY Karina, 2016. "The Effect of Social Benefits on Youth Employment: Combining RD and a Behavioral Model," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-12, LISER.
- Chiara Daniela Pronzato, 2014. "Fighting Lone Mothersâ€™ Poverty through In-Work Benefits. Methodological Issues and Policy Suggestions," CHILD Working Papers Series 23, Centre for Household, Income, Labour and Demographic Economics (CHILD) - CCA.
- Henk-Wim de Boer & Egbert Jongen & Jan Kabatek, 2014.
"The effectiveness of fiscal stimuli for working parents,"
CPB Discussion Paper
286, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Henk-Wim de Boer & Egbert L.W. Jongen & Jan Kabatek, 2015. "The Effectiveness of Fiscal Stimuli for Working Parents," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2015n19, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- de Boer, Henk-Wim & Jongen, Egbert L. W. & Kabátek, Jan, 2015. "The Effectiveness of Fiscal Stimuli for Working Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 9298, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordslabor supply; welfare participation; unobserved heterogeneity; natural experiment; regression discontinuity; microsimulation;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-08-09 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-08-09 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2011-08-09 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2011s-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .