Cost per DALY averted thresholds for low- and middle-income countries: evidence from cross country data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Farasat A. S. Bokhari & Yunwei Gai & Pablo Gottret, 2007.
"Government health expenditures and health outcomes,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 257-273.
- Farasat A.S. Bokhari & Yunwei Gai & Pablo Gottret, 2005. "Government Health Expenditures and Health Outcomes," Working Papers wp2005_02_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University, revised May 2006.
- Linda Ryen & Mikael Svensson, 2015. "The Willingness to Pay for a Quality Adjusted Life Year: A Review of the Empirical Literature," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(10), pages 1289-1301, October.
- Hammitt James K. & Robinson Lisa A, 2011.
"The Income Elasticity of the Value per Statistical Life: Transferring Estimates between High and Low Income Populations,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Hammitt, James K. & Robinson, Lisa A., 2011. "The Income Elasticity of the Value per Statistical Life: Transferring Estimates between High and Low Income Populations," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 1-29, January.
- Karl Claxton & Mark Sculpher & Stephen Palmer & Anthony J Culyer, 2015. "Causes For Concern: Is Nice Failing To Uphold Its Responsibilities To All Nhs Patients?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 1-7, January.
- A. Newall & M. Jit & R. Hutubessy, 2014. "Authors’ Reply to Gandjour: “Are Current Cost-Effectiveness Thresholds for Low- and Middle-Income Countries Useful? Examples from the World of Vaccines”," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 32(12), pages 1247-1247, December.
- Rodrigo Moreno-Serra & Peter C. Smith, 2015. "Broader health coverage is good for the nation's health: evidence from country level panel data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 178(1), pages 101-124, January.
- Paul Revill & Simon Walker & Jason Madan & Andrea Ciaranello & Takondwa Mwase & Diana M Gibb & Karl Claxton & Mark J Sculpher, 2014. "Using cost-effectiveness thresholds to determine value for money in low- and middle-income country healthcare systems: Are current international norms fit for purpose?," Working Papers 098cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- A. Newall & M. Jit & R. Hutubessy, 2014. "Are Current Cost-Effectiveness Thresholds for Low- and Middle-Income Countries Useful? Examples from the World of Vaccines," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 32(6), pages 525-531, June.
- Markus Brückner, 2013.
"On the simultaneity problem in the aid and growth debate,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 126-150, January.
- Markus Bruckner, 2011. "On the Simultaneity Problem in the Aid and Growth Debate," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-01, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Stinnett, Aaron A. & Paltiel, A. David, 1996. "Mathematical programming for the efficient allocation of health care resources," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 641-653, October.
- Nancy Devlin & David Parkin, 2004. "Does NICE have a cost-effectiveness threshold and what other factors influence its decisions? A binary choice analysis," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 437-452.
- Filmer, Deon & Pritchett, Lant, 1999. "The impact of public spending on health: does money matter?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 49(10), pages 1309-1323, November.
- Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Smith, Peter C., 2008. "Does health care spending improve health outcomes? Evidence from English programme budgeting data," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 826-842, July.
- Getzen, Thomas E., 2000. "Health care is an individual necessity and a national luxury: applying multilevel decision models to the analysis of health care expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 259-270, March.
- Gravelle, H.S.E. & Backhouse, M.E., 1987. "International cross-section analysis of the determination of mortality," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 427-441, January.
- Weinstein, Milton & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1973. "Critical ratios and efficient allocation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 147-157, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aidan Hollis, 2016. "Sustainable Financing of Innovative Therapies: A Review of Approaches," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 34(10), pages 971-980, October.
- repec:spr:aphecp:v:15:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40258-016-0304-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ryota Nakamura & James Lomas & Karl Claxton & Farasat Bokhari & Rodrigo Moreno Serra & Marc Suhrcke, 2016. "Assessing the impact of health care expenditures on mortality using cross-country data," Working Papers 128cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Jessica Ochalek & Karl Claxton & Paul Revill & Mark Sculpher & Alexandra Rollinger, 2016. "Supporting the development of an essential health package: principles and initial assessment for Malawi," Working Papers 136cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chy:respap:122cherp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gill Forder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chyoruk.html .