An Index of the Quality of Official Development Assistance in Health - Working Paper 287
Health is one of the largest and most complex aid sectors: 16 percent of all aid went to the health sector in 2009. While many stress the importance of aid effectiveness, there are limited quantitative analyses of the quality of health aid. In this paper, we apply Birdsall and Kharas’s Quality of Official Development Assistance (QuODA) methodology to rank donors across 23 indicators of aid effectiveness in health. We present our results, track progress from 2008 to 2009, compare health to overall aid, discuss our limitations, and call for more transparent and relevant aid data in the sector level as well as the need to focus on impact and results
|Date of creation:||Feb 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2055 L Street NW, 5th Floor, Washington DC 20036|
Fax: 202.416.0750 |
Web page: http://www.cgdev.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frot, Emmanuel & Santiso, Javier, 2009.
"Crushed Aid: Fragmentation in Sectoral Aid,"
SITE Working Paper Series
6, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Emmanuel Frot & Javier Santiso, 2010. "Crushed Aid: Fragmentation in Sectoral Aid," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 284, OECD Publishing.
- David Fielding, 2011. "Health aid and governance in developing countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 757-769, July.
- David Fielding, 2008. "Health Aid and Governance in Developing Countries," Working Papers 0809, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2008.
- Knack, Stephen & Rogers, F. Halsey & Eubank, Nicholas, 2011. "Aid Quality and Donor Rankings," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(11), pages 1907-1917.
- Knack, Stephen & Rogers, F. Halsey & Eubank, Nicholas, 2010. "Aid quality and donor rankings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5290, The World Bank.
- William Easterly & Tobias Pfutze, 2008. "Where Does the Money Go? Best and Worst Practices in Foreign Aid," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 29-52, Spring. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cgd:wpaper:287. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publications Manager)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.