The Ifo Investment Database
In this paper we present the Ifo Investment Database, which provides annual investment data for 12 investment assets in 50 German industries from 1991 onward. The data is consistent with national accounts statistics provided by the German Federal Statistical Office and is based on investments in 88 different sub-assets. This disaggregated level of information allows allocating investments by asset type to each industry, using an investment flow matrix. The database enables researchers to analyze structural investment behavior on the industry level and to identify changes in the importance of in-vestment assets. It additionally collects leasing data from the Ifo Investment Survey Leasing, which enables the conversion of the investment data from the owner to the user concept. This unique feature allows the researcher to examine changes in financing of investments. We describe the structure and methodology of the database and illustrate its variety and strengths by looking at some descriptive examples. Finally, we outline how the data can be accessed.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstrasse 5, 81679 Munich|
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wolfgang Nierhaus, 2004. "Wirtschaftswachstum in den VGR: Zur Einführung der Vorjahrespreisbasis in der deutschen Statistik," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 57(05), pages 28-34, 03.
- D. W. Jorgenson & Z. Griliches, 1967. "The Explanation of Productivity Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 249-283.
- Thomas Strobel & Stefan Sauer & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2012. "ifo Investorenrechnung - Dokumentation von Quellen, Verarbeitung und Methodik," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 42.
- Christian Seiler, 2012.
"The Data Sets of the LMU-ifo Economics & Business Data Center - A Guide for Researchers,"
Ifo Working Paper Series
Ifo Working Paper No. 138, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Christian Seiler, 2012. "The Data Sets of the LMU-ifo Economics & Business Data Center – A Guide for Researchers," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 132(4), pages 609-618.
- Oliver Röhn & Theo Eicher & Thomas Strobel, 2007. "The Ifo Industry Growth Accounting Database," CESifo Working Paper Series 1915, CESifo Group Munich.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4154. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.