Privatization under Asymmetric Information
This paper models privatization as a cooperative game between the government, a trade union and the private shareholders. These players kno w that privatization increases the efficiency of a firm, but only the management of the firm knows the exact value of the relevant productivity-increasing parameter. This incomplete information changes many of the results which were attained in Bös (1991) in a full-information setting.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Poschingerstrasse 5, 81679 Munich|
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo-group.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"A Model of the Firm as a Stockholder-Employee Cooperative Game,"
Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 9, pages 141-142
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1980. "A Model of the Firm as a Stockholder-Employee Cooperative Game," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(4), pages 600-610, September.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013. "Equilibrium Growth of the Hierachical Firm: Shareholder-Employee Cooperative Game Approach," Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 10, pages 143-153 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 1982. "Equilibrium Growth of the Hierarchical Firm: Shareholder-Employee Cooperative Game Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1097-1110, December.
- Bos, Dieter & Nett, Lorenz, 1991. "Employee Share Ownership and Privatisation: A Comment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 966-969, July.
- Freixas, Xavier & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1985. "Average cost pricing versus marginal cost pricing under moral hazard," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 135-146, March.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1994. "The New Economics of Regulation Ten Years After," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 507-537, May.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1992. "The New Economics of Regulation Ten Years After," IDEI Working Papers 22, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1984. "A complete solution to a class of principal-agent problems with an application to the control of a self-managed firm," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-369, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_244. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.