Hume: The power of abduction and simple observation in economics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ricardo F. Crespo, 2011. "Two conceptions of economics," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 14, pages 181-197, November.
- R. Myerson., 2010.
"Nash Equilibrium and the History of Economic Theory,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 6.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1999. "Nash Equilibrium and the History of Economic Theory," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1067-1082, September.
- Hicks, J. R., 1979. "Critical Essays in Monetary Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284239.
- G. C. Peden, 2000. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 188-189.
- R. E. Tyson, 2000. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(3), pages 158-159.
- K. Austin Kerr, 2000. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(2), pages 192-193.
- Jorge M.Streb & Pablo F.Druck, 2007.
"Economic development as a matter of political geography,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 34(1 Year 20), pages 5-20, June.
- Pablo Druck & Jorge M. Streb, 2001. "Economic Development as a Matter of Political Geography," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 182, Universidad del CEMA.
- Dow Sheila C., 2009. "David Hume and Modern Economics," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-31, June.
- R. J. Overy, 2000. "Book Reviews," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 198-199.
- Robert J. Leonard, 1992. "Reading Cournot, Reading Nash / or / The Emergence and Stabilization of the Nash equilibrium," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 9214, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- Berdell, J F, 1995. "The Present Relevance of Hume's Open-Economy Monetary Dynamics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(432), pages 1205-1217, September.
- Filippo Cesarano, 2006. "Economic history and economic theory," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 447-467.
- Thomas M. Humphrey, 1981. "Adam Smith and the monetary approach to the balance of payments," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Nov, pages 3-10.
- Maria Pia Paganelli, 2006. "Hume and Endogenous Money," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 533-547, Summer.
- Leonard, Robert J, 1994. "Reading Cournot, Reading Nash: The Creation and Stabilisation of the Nash Equilibrium," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 492-511, May.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- A. M. C. Waterman, 1988. "Hume, Malthus, and the Stability of Equilibrium," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 85-94, Spring.
More about this item
Keywordsabduction; case study; realistic assumptions; Hume; Mill; Peirce; Hayek; Akerlof;
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cem:doctra:417. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valeria Dowding). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cemaaar.html .