A Convergent t-statistic in Spurious Regressions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Sokbae, 2003. "Efficient Semiparametric Estimation Of A Partially Linear Quantile Regression Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(01), pages 1-31, February.
- Sheedy, Elizabeth, 1998. "Correlation in currency markets a risk-adjusted perspective," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 59-82, January.
- Li, Qi, 1999. "Consistent model specification tests for time series econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 101-147, September.
- Lavergne, Pascal & Vuong, Quang, 2000. "Nonparametric Significance Testing," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 576-601, August.
- Hjellvik, Vidar & Yao, Qiwei & Tjostheim, Dag, 1998. "Linearity testing using local polynominal approximation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6638, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Yongmiao Hong & Halbert White, 2005. "Asymptotic Distribution Theory for Nonparametric Entropy Measures of Serial Dependence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(3), pages 837-901, May.
- Granger, C. W. J., 1980. "Testing for causality : A personal viewpoint," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 329-352, May.
- Lobato, Ignacio N, 2003. "Testing for Nonlinear Autoregression," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 164-173, January.
- Bierens, Herman J, 1990.
"A Consistent Conditional Moment Test of Functional Form,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(6), pages 1443-1458, November.
- Bierens, H.J., 1989. "A consistent conditional moment test of functional form," Serie Research Memoranda 0064, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Stinchcombe, Maxwell B. & White, Halbert, 1998. "Consistent Specification Testing With Nuisance Parameters Present Only Under The Alternative," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(03), pages 295-325, June.
- Hsieh, David A, 1989. "Testing for Nonlinear Dependence in Daily Foreign Exchange Rates," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(3), pages 339-368, July.
- Efstathios Paparoditis & Dimitris Politis, 2000. "The Local Bootstrap for Kernel Estimators under General Dependence Conditions," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 52(1), pages 139-159, March.
- Pinkse, Joris, 1998. "A consistent nonparametric test for serial independence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 205-231, June.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1982. "Consistent model specification tests," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 105-134, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Yixiao, 2006. "Spurious regressions between stationary generalized long memory processes," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(3), pages 446-454, March.
- Xu, Ke-Li, 2016. "Multivariate trend function testing with mixed stationary and integrated disturbances," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 38-57.
- Fabrizio Iacone & Stephen J. Leybourne & A. M. Robert Taylor, 2014. "A FIXED- b TEST FOR A BREAK IN LEVEL AT AN UNKNOWN TIME UNDER FRACTIONAL INTEGRATION," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 40-54, January.
- Antonio E. Noriega & Daniel Ventosa-Santaulària, 2011. "A Simple Test for Spurious Regressions," Working Papers 2011-05, Banco de México.
- Mototsugu Shintani & Tomoyoshi Yabu & and Daisuke Nagakura, 2008. "Spurious Regressions in Technical Trading: Momentum or Contrarian?," IMES Discussion Paper Series 08-E-09, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- McElroy, Tucker & Politis, Dimitris N., 2013.
"Distribution theory for the studentized mean for long, short, and negative memory time series,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 60-74.
- McElroy, Tucker S & Politis, D N, 2011. "Distribution Theory for the Studentized Mean for Long, Short, and Negative Memory Time Series," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt0dr145dt, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- McElroy, Tucker S. & Politis, Dimitris N., 2012. "Distribution Theory for the Studentized Mean for Long, Short, and Negative Memory Time Series," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt35c7r55c, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Ventosa-Santaulària, Daniel, 2008. "Spurious Regression," MPRA Paper 59008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shintani, Mototsugu & Yabu, Tomoyoshi & Nagakura, Daisuke, 2012. "Spurious regressions in technical trading," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 169(2), pages 301-309.
- Sun, Yixiao, 2014. "Fixed-smoothing Asymptotics and Asymptotic F and t TestsÂ in the Presence of Strong Autocorrelation," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt8479f4s2, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Christophe Boucher & Gilles de Truchis & Elena Dumitrescu & Sessi Tokpavi, 2017. "Testing for Extreme Volatility Transmission with Realized Volatility Measures," EconomiX Working Papers 2017-20, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Gueorgui I. Kolev, 2011. "The "spurious regression problem" in the classical regression model framework," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(1), pages 925-937.
- Travaglini, Guido, 2010. "Dynamic Econometric Testing of Climate Change and of its Causes," MPRA Paper 23600, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:wyi:journl:002191 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsspurious regression; fractional process; HAC estimates;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsdec:qt150457tv. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deucsus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .