Openness, Open Source, and the Veil of Ignorance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Jerry R. Green & Suzanne Scotchmer, 1995.
"On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 26(1), pages 20-33, Spring.
- Green, J.R. & Scotchmer, S., 1993. "On the Division of Profit in Sequential Innovation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1638, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 1999. "On the Optimality of the Patent Renewal System," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(2), pages 181-196, Summer.
- Suzanne Scotchmer & Jerry Green, 1990. "Novelty and Disclosure in Patent Law," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 131-146, Spring.
- Justin Pappas Johnson, 2002. "Open Source Software: Private Provision of a Public Good," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 637-662, December.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Suzanne Scotchmer & Jacques-François Thisse, 1998.
"Patent Breadth, Patent Life, and the Pace of Technological Progress,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 1-32, March.
- O'DONOGHUE, Ted & SCOTCHMER, Suzanne & THISSE, Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 1998. "Patent breadth, patent life, and the pace of technological progress," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1314, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mikko Mustonen, 2005. "When Does a Firm Support Substitute Open Source Programming?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(1), pages 121-139, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Darmon & Dominique Torre, 2010.
"Open source, dual licensing and software compétition,"
- Éric Darmon & Dominique Torre, 2014. "Open Source, Dual Licensing and Software Competition," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201405, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Eric Darmon & Dominique Torre, 2010. "Open source, dual licensing and software competition," Post-Print halshs-00554776, HAL.
- Hasnas, Irina & Lambertini, Luca & Palestini, Arsen, 2014.
"Open Innovation in a dynamic Cournot duopoly,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 79-87.
- I. Hasnas & L. Lambertini & A. Palestini, 2011. "Open Innovation in a Dynamic Cournot Duopoly," Working Papers wp753, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hasnas, Irina & Lambertini, Luca & Palestini, Arsen, 2013. "Open Innovation in a dynamic Cournot duopoly," DICE Discussion Papers 111, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Massimo D'Antoni & Maria Alessandra Rossi, 2014.
"Appropriability and Incentives with Complementary Innovations,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 103-124, March.
- Massimo D'Antoni & Maria Alessandra Rossi, 2010. "Appropriability and Incentives with Complementary Innovations," Department of Economics University of Siena 603, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:14:p:1379-1394 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:expeco:v:20:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10683-016-9492-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsopen source; software development; general public license; Social and Behavioral Sciences; Law; Technology and Innovation;
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:compol:qt4d9052w7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibbrkus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.