Market Power versus Efficient-Structure in Arab GCC Banking
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Saeed Al-Muharrami & Kent Matthews, 2009. "Market power versus efficient-structure in Arab GCC banking," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(18), pages 1487-1496.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hannan, Timothy H., 1991. "Bank commercial loan markets and the role of market structure: evidence from surveys of commercial lending," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 133-149, February.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Berger, Allen N, 1995.
"The Relationship between Capital and Earnings in Banking,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 432-456, May.
- Allen Berger, 1994. "The Relationship Between Capital and Earnings in Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-17, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger, 1994. "The relationship between capital and earnings in banking," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Douglas D. Evanoff & Diana L. Fortier, 1987. "Reevaluation of the structure-conduct-performance paradigm in banking," Staff Memoranda 87-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Rai, Anoop, 1996. "The structure-performance relationship for European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 745-771, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maghyereh, Aktham I. & Awartani, Basel, 2012. "Financial integration of GCC banking markets: A non-parametric bootstrap DEA estimation approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 181-195.
- Andrieş, Alin Marius & Căpraru, Bogdan, 2014. "The nexus between competition and efficiency: The European banking industries experience," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 566-579.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:531-545 is not listed on IDEAS
- Asongu, Simplice & Biekpe, Nicholas, 2017.
"ICT, Information Asymmetry and Market Power in the African Banking Industry,"
81702, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simplice Asongu & Nicholas Biekpe, 2017. "ICT, Information Asymmetry and Market Power in the African Banking Industry," Working Papers 17/022, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Setiawan, Maman & Emvalomatis, Grigorios & Oude Lansink, Alfons, 2012. "The relationship between technical efficiency and industrial concentration: Evidence from the Indonesian food and beverages industry," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 466-475.
- Alin Marius Andrieş & Bogdan Căpraru, 2012. "Competition and efficiency in EU27 banking systems," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 12(1), pages 41-60, July.
- Simplice Asongu & Enowbi Batuo & Jacinta Nwachukwu & Vanessa Tchamyou, 2016.
"Is information diffusion a threat to market power for financial access? Insights from the African banking industry,"
16/039, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice & Batuo, Enowbi & Nwachukwu, Jacinta & Tchamyou, Vanessa, 2016. "Is information diffusion a threat to market power for financial access? Insights from the African banking industry," MPRA Paper 76124, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kondo, Kazumine, 2014. "Do Credit Associations Compete with Each Other in Japanese Regional Lending Markets?," MPRA Paper 56669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kondo, Kazumine, 2014. "Cross-Prefecture Expansion of Regional Banks in Japan and Its Effects on Lending-Based Income," MPRA Paper 52978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthews, Kent, 2010. "Banking Efficiency in Emerging Market Economies," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2010/12, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- repec:ris:badest:0539 is not listed on IDEAS
- Homma, Tetsushi & Tsutsui, Yoshiro & Uchida, Hirofumi, 2014.
"Firm growth and efficiency in the banking industry: A new test of the efficient structure hypothesis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 143-153.
- HOMMA Tetsushi & TSUTSUI Yoshiro & UCHIDA Hirofumi, 2012. "Firm Growth and Efficiency in the Banking Industry: A new test of the efficient structure hypothesis," Discussion papers 12060, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kazumine Kondo, 2017. "Do credit associations compete with each other in Japanese regional lending markets?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 41(1), pages 195-210, January.
- repec:taf:oaefxx:v:3:y:2015:i:1:p:1017947 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mahmood ul Hasan Khan & Muhammad Nadim Hanif, 2017. "An Empirical Evaluation of ‘Structure-Conduct-Performance’ and ‘Efficient-Structure’ Paradigms in the Banking Sector of Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 90, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsGCC Banking; Structure Conduct Performance;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-06-03 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2009-06-03 (Banking)
- NEP-COM-2009-06-03 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2009-06-03 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdf:wpaper:2009/7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yongdeng Xu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecscfuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.