An Assessment of the Currency Board Regime in Bosnia and Herzegovina
This paper describes the currency board regime operations in Bosnia and Herzegovina and assess its performance and sustainability in the context of the economic, political and institutional environment. To the best of our knowledge, our study seems to be unique in this respect. Based on the theoretical considerations as well as empirical evidence, we judge that Bosnia and Herzegovina’s currency board regime is well-suited and appropriate given the country’s history, its current state and its future goals. Nevertheless, we believe that the key to the currency board’s sustainability, and an eventual accession to the European Union, is a stronger legal and regulatory infrastructure and a more unified political system.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:||Dec 2006|
|Publication status:||Published: An Assessment of the Currency Board Regime in Bosnia and Herzegovina – revised version in Emerging Markets Finance & Trade, Vol. 42, No. 6 (November/December 2006), pp. 46–58|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: C870 Loeb Building, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa Ontario, K1S 5B6 Canada|
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nadja Kamhi & Vivek H. Dehejia, 2006.
"An Assessment of the Currency Board Regime in Bosnia and Herzegovina,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 46-58, December.
- Nadja Kamhi & Vivek H. Dehejia, 2006. "An Assessment of the Currency Board Regime in Bosnia and Herzegovina," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 42(6), pages 46-58, December.
- Vivek H. Dehejia & Nadja Kamhi, 2005. "An Assessment of the Currency Board Regime in Bosnia and Herzegovina," Carleton Economic Papers 05-01, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2006.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina, 2000. "Fiscal Discipline and Exchange Rate Regimes: a Case for Currency Boards?," Working Papers 0006, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Leland B. Yeager, 2000. "Exchange Rates between What Sorts of Currencies?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 20(1), Spring/Su.
- repec:cto:journl:v:20:y:2000:i:1:p:49-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003.
"The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 99-118, Fall.
- Guillermo Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries," NBER Working Papers 9808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:car:carecp:05-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Robineau)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.