An Assessment of the Currency Board Regime in Bosnia and Herzegovina
This paper describes currency board regime operations in Bosnia and Herzegovina and assesses their performance and sustainability in the context of the economic, political, and institutional environment. To the best of our knowledge, our study seems to be unique in this respect. Based on our analysis, we judge that Bosnia and Herzegovina's currency board regime is well suited and appropriate, given the country's history, its current state, and its future goals. Nevertheless, we believe that the key to the currency board's sustainability, and an eventual accession to the European Union, is a stronger legal and regulatory infrastructure and a more unified political system.
Volume (Year): 42 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=111024|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina, 2000. "Fiscal Discipline and Exchange Rate Regimes: a Case for Currency Boards?," Banco de Espa�a Working Papers 0006, Banco de Espa�a.
- repec:cto:journl:v:20:y:2000:i:1:p:49-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003.
"The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
9808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 99-118, Fall.
- Leland B. Yeager, 2000. "Exchange Rates between What Sorts of Currencies?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 20(1), Spring/Su.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:emfitr:v:42:y:2006:i:6:p:46-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Chris Nguyen to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.