An Assessment of the Currency Board Regime in Bosnia and Herzegovina
This paper describes currency board regime operations in Bosnia and Herzegovina and assesses their performance and sustainability in the context of the economic, political, and institutional environment. To the best of our knowledge, our study seems to be unique in this respect. Based on our analysis, we judge that Bosnia and Herzegovina's currency board regime is well suited and appropriate, given the country's history, its current state, and its future goals. Nevertheless, we believe that the key to the currency board's sustainability, and an eventual accession to the European Union, is a stronger legal and regulatory infrastructure and a more unified political system.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 42 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://mesharpe.metapress.com/link.asp?target=journal&id=111024|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillermo Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003.
"The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
9808, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Frederic S. Mishkin, 2003. "The Mirage of Exchange Rate Regimes for Emerging Market Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 99-118, Fall.
- repec:cto:journl:v:20:y:2000:i:1:p:49-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leland B. Yeager, 2000. "Exchange Rates between What Sorts of Currencies?," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 20(1), Spring/Su.
- Enrique Alberola & Luis Molina, 2000. "Fiscal Discipline and Exchange Rate Regimes: a Case for Currency Boards?," Working Papers 0006, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:emfitr:v:42:y:2006:i:6:p:46-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Nguyen)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.