Border Tax Adjustments: A feasible way to address nonparticipation in Emission Trading
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2005.
"Merchant Transmission Investment,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(2), pages 233-264, June.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0324, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," Working Papers 0304, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Merchant Transmission Investment," IDEI Working Papers 263, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Merchant Transmission Investment," NBER Working Papers 9534, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mountain, Bruce & Swier, Geoff, 2003. "Entrepreneurial Interconnectors and Transmission Planning in Australia," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 66-76, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fischer, Carolyn & Fox, Alan K., 2009. "Comparing Policies to Combat Emissions Leakage: Border Tax Adjustments versus Rebates," Discussion Papers dp-09-02, Resources For the Future.
- Legge, Thomas & Scott, Susan, 2009. "Policy Options to Reduce Ireland's GHG Emissions [Instrument choice: the pros and cons of alternative policy instruments]," Papers WP284, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Löschel, Andreas & Alexeeva-Talebi, Victoria & Mennel, Tim, 2008. "Climate Policy and the Problem of Competitiveness: Border Tax Adjustments or Integrated Emission Trading?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-061, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Marques, Alexandra & Rodrigues, João & Lenzen, Manfred & Domingos, Tiago, 2012. "Income-based environmental responsibility," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 57-65.
- Low, Patrick & Marceau, Gabrielle & Reinaud, Julia, 2011. "The interface between the trade and climate change regimes: Scoping the issues," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2011-01, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Biswajit Dhar & Kasturi Das, 2009. "The European UnionÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Proposed Carbon Equalization System : Can it be WTO Compatible?," Trade Working Papers 22780, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Legge, Thomas & Scott, Susan, 2009. "Policy Options to Reduce Ireland's Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS9.
- Mehdi Abbas, 2007. "Taxe CO2 aux frontières, régime commercial multilatéral et lutte contre le changement climatique," Post-Print halshs-00168960, HAL.
- Peters, Glen P., 2008. "From production-based to consumption-based national emission inventories," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 13-23, March.
- Flores, José Luis, 2014. "Políticas climáticas en países desarrollados: impacto en América Latina," Documentos de Proyectos 646, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Weber, Christopher L. & Peters, Glen P., 2009. "Climate change policy and international trade: Policy considerations in the US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 432-440, February.
- Lin, Boqiang & Li, Aijun, 2011. "Impacts of carbon motivated border tax adjustments on competitiveness across regions in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5111-5118.
- van Asselt, Harro & Biermann, Frank, 2007. "European emissions trading and the international competitiveness of energy-intensive industries: a legal and political evaluation of possible supporting measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 497-506, January.
- Reyno Seymore & Margaret Mabugu & Jan van Heerden, 2010. "Border Tax Adjustments to Negate the Economic Impact of an Electricity Generation Tax," Working Papers 201003, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Biswajit Dhar & Kasturi Das, 2009. "The European UnionÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Proposed Carbon Equalization System : Can it be WTO Compatible?," Development Economics Working Papers 22989, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsBorder Tax; Emission Trading; WTO law; International trade;
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- K33 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - International Law
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-02-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2004-02-01 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2004-02-01 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0409. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .