Modelling the Costs of Electricity Regulation: Evidence of Human Resource Constraints in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stern, Jon & Holder, Stuart, 1999. "Regulatory governance: criteria for assessing the performance of regulatory systems: An application to infrastructure industries in the developing countries of Asia," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 33-50, March.
- Roger Noll, 1999.
"The Economics and Politics of the Slowdown in Regulatory Reform,"
American Enterprise Institute, number 53371.
- Roger G. Noll, "undated". "The Economics and Politics of the Slowdown in Regulatory Reform," Working Papers 1, Brookings Institution Domestic Economics.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Kraay, Aart & Zoido-Lobaton, Pablo, 1999. "Governance matters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2196, The World Bank.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Natural openness and good government," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2411, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Martin Rodriguez-Pardina, 1996. "Regulatory Lessons from Argentina's Power Concessions," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11609, The World Bank.
- Spiller, Pablo T, 1996. "Institutions and Commitment," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 421-452.
- Witold Jerzy Henisz, 2004. "Political Institutions and Policy Volatility," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R & Panzar, John C, 1993. "Effects of the Change from Rate-of-Return to Price-Cap Regulation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 191-198, May.
- Guasch, J Luis & Hahn, Robert W, 1999.
"The Costs and Benefits of Regulation: Implications for Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 137-158, February.
- Guasch, J. Luis & Hahn, Robert W., 1997. "The costs and benefits of regulation : implications for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1773, The World Bank.
- Estache, Antonio & Martimort, David, 1999. "Politics, transaction costs, and the design of regulatory institutions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2073, The World Bank.
- Estache, Antonio & Rodriguez-Pardina, Martin, 1999. "Light and lightning at the end of the public tunnel : reform of the electricity sector in the Southern Cone," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2074, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity Regulation; International Comparisons; Human Resources;
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-11-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2002-11-18 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENE-2002-11-04 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .