A Framework for Derivative Pricing in the Fractional Black-Scholes Market
The aim of this paper is to develop a framework for evaluating derivatives if the underlying of the derivative contract is supposed to be driven by a fractional Brownian motion with Hurst parameter greater than 0.5. For this purpose we first prove some results regarding the quasi-conditional expectation, especially the behavior to a Girsanov transform. We obtain the risk-neutral valuation formula and the fundamental evaluation equation in the case of the fractional Black-Scholes market.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.dofin.ase.ro/carfib/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "Arbitrage with Fractional Brownian Motion," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 95-105.
- Alòs, Elisa & Mazet, Olivier & Nualart, David, 2000. "Stochastic calculus with respect to fractional Brownian motion with Hurst parameter lesser than," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 121-139, March.
- Cipian Necula, 2008. "Barrier Options and a Reflection Principle of the Fractional Brownian Motion," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 6, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
- Cipian Necula, 2008. "Option Pricing in a Fractional Brownian Motion Environment," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 2, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cab:wpaefr:19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ciprian Necula)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.