A Framework for Derivative Pricing in the Fractional Black-Scholes Market
The aim of this paper is to develop a framework for evaluating derivatives if the underlying of the derivative contract is supposed to be driven by a fractional Brownian motion with Hurst parameter greater than 0.5. For this purpose we first prove some results regarding the quasi-conditional expectation, especially the behavior to a Girsanov transform. We obtain the risk-neutral valuation formula and the fundamental evaluation equation in the case of the fractional Black-Scholes market.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 6 ROMANA PLACE, 70167 - BUCHAREST|
Web page: http://www.dofin.ase.ro/carfib/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cipian Necula, 2008. "Option Pricing in a Fractional Brownian Motion Environment," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 2, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "Arbitrage with Fractional Brownian Motion," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 95-105.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Cipian Necula, 2008. "Barrier Options and a Reflection Principle of the Fractional Brownian Motion," Advances in Economic and Financial Research - DOFIN Working Paper Series 6, Bucharest University of Economics, Center for Advanced Research in Finance and Banking - CARFIB.
- Alòs, Elisa & Mazet, Olivier & Nualart, David, 2000. "Stochastic calculus with respect to fractional Brownian motion with Hurst parameter lesser than," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 121-139, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cab:wpaefr:19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ciprian Necula)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.