The Impact of Insider Trading on Forecasting in a Bookmakers' Horse Betting Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Schnytzer, Adi & Lamers, Martien & Makropoulou, Vasiliki, 2010. "The impact of insider trading on forecasting in a bookmakers' horse betting market," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 537-542, July.
- Adi Schnytzer & Martien Lamers & Vasiliki Makropoulou, 2009. "The Impact of Insider Trading on Forecasting in a Bookmakers' Horse Betting Market," Working Papers 2009-11, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- A. Schnytzer & M. Lamers & V. Makropoulou & -, 2009. "The Impact of Insider Trading on Forecasting in a Bookmakers' Horse Betting Market," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 09/627, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adi Schnytzer & Martien Lamers & Vasiliki Makropoulou, 2010.
"Measuring the Extent of Inside Trading in Horse Betting Markets,"
Journal of Gambling Business and Economics,
University of Buckingham Press, vol. 4(2), pages 21-41, September.
- Adi Schnytzer & Martien Lamers & Vasiliki Makropoulou, 2009. "Measuring the Extent of Inside Trading in Horse Betting Markets," Working Papers 2009-10, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Schnytzer, Adi & Shilony, Yuval, 1995. "Inside Information in a Betting Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 963-971, July.
- Adi Schnytzer & Avichai Snir, 2008. "Herding in Imperfect Betting Markets with Inside Traders," Journal of Gambling Business and Economics, University of Buckingham Press, vol. 2(2), pages 1-15, September.
- Shin, Hyun Song, 1991. "Optimal Betting Odds against Insider Traders," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(408), pages 1179-1185, September.
- Shin, Hyun Song, 1993. "Measuring the Incidence of Insider Trading in a Market for State-Contingent Claims," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1141-1153, September.
- Hyun Song Shin, 2008.
"Prices Of State Contingent Claims With Insider Traders, And The Favourite-Longshot Bias,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Efficiency Of Racetrack Betting Markets, chapter 34, pages 343-352
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Shin, Hyun Song, 1992. "Prices of State Contingent Claims with Insider Traders, and the Favourite-Longshot Bias," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(411), pages 426-435, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sung, Ming-Chien & McDonald, David C.J. & Johnson, Johnnie E.V., 2016. "Probabilistic forecasting with discrete choice models: Evaluating predictions with pseudo-coefficients of determination," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(3), pages 1021-1030.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:biu:wpaper:2011-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debaril.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.