Sentimental Preferences and the Organizational Regime of Betting Markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Egon Franck & Erwin Verbeek & Stephan Nüesch, 2011. "Sentimental Preferences and the Organizational Regime of Betting Markets," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 502-518, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Flepp, Raphael & Nüesch, Stephan & Franck, Egon, 2017.
"The liquidity advantage of the quote-driven market: Evidence from the betting industry,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 306-317.
- Raphael Flepp & Stephan Nüesch & Egon Franck, 2014. " The Liquidity Advantage of the Quote-Driven Market: Evidence from the Betting Industry," Working Papers 342, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- repec:eee:intfor:v:34:y:2018:i:1:p:17-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raphael Flepp & Stephan Nüesch & Egon Franck, 2013. " Liquidity, Market Efficiency and the Influence of Noise Traders: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from the Betting Industry," Working Papers 341, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Babatunde Buraimo & David Peel & Rob Simmons, 2013. "Systematic Positive Expected Returns in the UK Fixed Odds Betting Market: An Analysis of the Fink Tank Predictions," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(4), pages 1-15, December.
- Bizzozero, Paolo & Flepp, Raphael & Franck, Egon, 2016.
"The importance of suspense and surprise in entertainment demand: Evidence from Wimbledon,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 47-63.
- Paolo Bizzozero & Raphael Flepp & Egon Franck, 2016. " The Importance of Suspense and Surprise in Entertainment Demand: Evidence from Wimbledon," Working Papers 357, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Franck, Egon & Verbeek, Erwin & Nüesch, Stephan, 2010.
"Prediction accuracy of different market structures -- bookmakers versus a betting exchange,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 448-459, July.
- Egon Franck & Erwin Verbeek & Stephan Nüesch, 2008. "Prediction Accuracy of Different Market Structures – Bookmakers versus a Betting Exchange," Working Papers 0025, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA), revised 2009.
- Egon Franck & Erwin Verbeek & Stephan Nüesch, 2008. "Prediction Accuracy of Different Market Structures – Bookmakers versus a Betting Exchange," Working Papers 0096, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised 2009.
- Egon Franck & Erwin Verbeek & Stephan Nüesch, 2013. "Inter-market Arbitrage in Betting," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 80(318), pages 300-325, April.
- Arne Feddersen & Brad Humphreys & Brian Soebbing, 2013. "Sentiment Bias in National Basketball Association Betting," Working Papers 13-03, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Braun, Sebastian & Kvasnicka, Michael, 2013. "National Sentiment and Economic Behavior: Evidence From Online Betting on European Football," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 45-64.
- Arne Feddersen & Brad R. Humphreys & Brian P. Soebbing, 2017.
"Sentiment Bias And Asset Prices: Evidence From Sports Betting Markets And Social Media,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(2), pages 1119-1129, April.
- Arne Feddersen & Brad Humphreys & Brian Soebbing, 2013. "Sentiment Bias and Asset Prices: Evidence from Sports Betting Markets and Social Media," Working Papers 13-07, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Raphael Flepp & Stephan NÃ¼esch & Egon Franck, 2016. "Does Bettor Sentiment Affect Bookmaker Pricing?," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 17(1), pages 3-11, January.
More about this item
Keywordsbetting; market structure; sentiment; price elasticity;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2008-08-14 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2008-08-14 (Sports & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iso:wpaper:0089. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IBW IT). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isuzhch.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .