Including estimates of the future in today's financial statements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Karen K. & Barth, Mary E. & Cram, Donald, 2001. "Accruals and the Prediction of Future Cash Flows," Research Papers 1594r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bradley Blaylock & Bradley P. Lawson & Michael A. Mayberry, 2020. "Taxable income, future profitability, and stock returns," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(7-8), pages 858-881, July.
- Sudip Datta & Mai Iskandar‐Datta & Vivek Singh, 2014. "Opaque financial reports and R2: Revisited," Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 23(1), pages 10-17, January.
- Brian M. Burnett & Gregory W. Martin & David A. Reppenhagen, 2021. "Managerial discretion in revenue recognition amidst financial restatements and implications for GAAP compliance," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5-6), pages 869-894, May.
- Goncharov, Igor & Werner, Joerg R. & Zimmermann, Jochen, 2009. "Legislative demands and economic realities: Company and group accounts compared," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 334-362, December.
- Gul, Ferdinand A. & Cheng, Louis T.W. & Leung, T.Y., 2011. "Perks and the informativeness of stock prices in the Chinese market," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1410-1429.
- Jani Saastamoinen & Hanna Savolainen, 2021. "Does a leopard change its spots? Auditors and lawyers as valuation experts for minority shareholders in the judicial appraisal of private firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3-4), pages 613-636, March.
- Abdallah Atieh & Simon Hussain, 2008. "Disaggregating 'accounting earnings' to better explain UK dividends," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(6), pages 399-401.
- William Forbes & Egor Kiselev & Len Skerratt, 2023. "The stability and downside risk to contrarian profits: Evidence from the S&P 500," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(1), pages 733-750, January.
- Richard Kent & Jacqueline Birt, 2021. "IAS 7 and value relevance: the direct method versus the indirect method," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 1532-1586, December.
- Palea, Vera & Scagnelli, Simone Domenico, 2014. "Do Earnings Reported under IFRS Improve the Prediction of Future Cash Flows? Evidence From European Banks," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201443, University of Turin.
- De Andrés Fazio, Salvador & Urquía Grande, Elena & Pérez Estébanez, Raquel, 2022. "The “secret life” of the Statement of Cash Flow: A bibliometric analysis," Cuadernos de Gestión, Universidad del País Vasco - Instituto de Economía Aplicada a la Empresa (IEAE).
- Takashi Obinata, 2002. "Concept and Relevance of Income," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-171, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Saoussen Boujelben & Hela Khemakhem-Feki & Ahmad Alqatan, 2020. "Real earnings management and the relevance of operating cash flows: A study of french listed firms," International Journal of Disclosure and Governance, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 17(4), pages 218-229, December.
- Shadi Farshadfar & Reza Monem, 2013. "The usefulness of operating cash flow and accrual components in improving the predictive ability of earnings: a re-examination and extension," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(4), pages 1061-1082, December.
- James Linck & Thomas Lopez & Lynn Rees, 2007. "The valuation consequences of voluntary accounting changes," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 327-352, May.
- Iatridis, George, 2010. "International Financial Reporting Standards and the quality of financial statement information," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 193-204, June.
- Baljit K. Sidhu & CHUAN YU, 2021. "Direct Method Operating Cash Flow Disclosures: Determinants and Incremental Usefulness," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 57(3), pages 421-467, September.
- Iain Clacher & Alan Duboisée Ricquebourg & Allan Hodgson, 2013. "The Value Relevance of Direct Cash Flows under International Financial Reporting Standards," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 49(3), pages 367-395, September.
- Kothari, S.P. & Leone, Andrew J. & Wasley, Charles E., 2005. "Performance matched discretionary accrual measures," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 163-197, February.
- Sandip Dhole & Ferdinand A. Gul & Sagarika Mishra & Ananda M. Pal, 2021. "The joint information role of analysts’ cash flow and earnings forecasts," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 61(1), pages 499-541, March.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial statements; fair value; financial reporting;
All these keywords.
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2007-06-18 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-BEC-2007-06-18 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2007-06-18 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-HIS-2007-06-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Christian Beslmeisl (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.