How good is the BankScope database? A cross-validation exercise with correction factors for market concentration measures
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Corvoisier, Sandrine & Gropp, Reint, 2002. "Bank concentration and retail interest rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2155-2189, November.
- Huberto M. Ennis, 2001. "On the size distribution of banks," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 1-25.
- Eric Nauenberg & Kisalaya Basu & Harish Chand, 1997. "Hirschman-Herfindahl index determination under incomplete information," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(10), pages 639-642.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugo Panizza & Alejandro Micco & Mónica Yañez, 2006.
"Propiedad y desempeño de la banca. ¿Importa la política?,"
Research Department Publications
4468, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ugo Panizza & Alejandro Micco & Mónica Yañez, 2006. "Propiedad y Desempeño de la Banca: ¿Importa la Política?," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2168, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jaroslav Vostatek, 2014. "Tax Treatment of Public and Private Pensions," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 7-27.
- Dániel Homolya, 2009. "The impact of the capital requirements for operational risk in the Hungarian banking system," MNB Bulletin (discontinued), Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 4(2), pages 6-13, July.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2005. "Inside the bank lending channel," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1737-1759, October.
- Tomáš Klinger & Petr Teply, 2014. "Modelling Interconnections in the Global Financial System in the Light of Systemic Risk," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 64-88.
- Korte, Josef, 2013.
"Catharsis - The Real Effects of Bank Insolvency and Resolution,"
Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order
79938, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Korte, Josef, 2013. "Catharsis - The real effects of bank insolvency and resolution," Discussion Papers 21/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- David Tison, 2014. "Impact of Non-cooperative Oligopoly of the Banking System on Its Pro-cyclicality in the Czech Republic," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 47-63.
- Mike Mariathasan & Ouarda Merrouche, 2012. "Recapitalization, credit and liquidity," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 27(72), pages 603-646, October.
- Micco, Alejandro & Panizza, Ugo & Yanez, Monica, 2007.
"Bank ownership and performance. Does politics matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 219-241, January.
- Alejandro Micco & Ugo Panizza & Monica Yañez, 2005. "Bank Ownership and Performance Does Politics Matter?," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 356, Central Bank of Chile.
- Micco, Alejandro & Panizza, Ugo & YaÃƒÂƒÃ‚Â±ez, Monica, 2006. "Bank Ownership and Performance Does Politics Matter?," POLIS Working Papers 62, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Chun-Yu Ho, 2010.
"Deregulation, competition and consumer welfare in a banking market: evidence from Hong Kong,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 70-97, February.
- Chun-Yu Ho, 2007. "Deregulation, Competition and Consumer Welfare in Banking Market: Evidence from Hong Kong," Working Papers 242007, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Tomas Pavlicek, 2014. "The Developmnet of the Self-employed Sector in the Czech Republic in the Years 2006 - 2010," ACTA VSFS, University of Finance and Administration, vol. 8(1), pages 28-46.
- Sirajo Aliyu & Rosylin Mohd Yusof, 2016. "Profitability and Cost Efficiency of Islamic Banks: A Panel Analysis of Some Selected Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1736-1743.
- Choudhry Tanveer Shehzad & Jakob de Haan & Bert Scholtens, 2009. "Growth and Earnings Persistence in Banking Firms: A Dynamic Panel Investigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 2772, CESifo Group Munich.
- T. Duprey & M. Lé, 2014. "Bank Capital Adjustment Process and Aggregate Lending," Working papers 499, Banque de France.
- S.M. Ali Abbas & Raphael Espinoza, 2016. "Why Do Banks in Developing Countries Hold Government Securities?," UCL SSEES Economics and Business working paper series 2016-1, UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies (SSEES).
- Moch, Nils, 2013. "Competition in fragmented markets: New evidence from the German banking industry in the light of the subprime crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2908-2919.
- Korte, Josef, 2015. "Catharsis—The real effects of bank insolvency and resolution," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 213-231.
- De Haas, Ralph & Ferreira, Daniel & Taci, Anita, 2010. "What determines the composition of banks' loan portfolios? Evidence from transition countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 388-398, February.
- Johan Mathisen & Thierry D. Buchs, 2005. "Competition and Efficiency in Banking; Behavioral Evidence from Ghana," IMF Working Papers 05/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Mike Mariathasan & Ouarda Merrouche, 2012. "Recapitalization, Credit, and Liquidity," Post-Print hal-01638079, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsKolmogorov-Smironov test; market concentration measures;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bis:biswps:133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Beslmeisl). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bisssch.html .