Collaboration between firms and universities in Italy: the role of a firmï¿½s proximity to top-rated departments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Richard R, 1986. "Institutions Supporting Technical Advance in Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 186-189, May.
- Massimiliano Rigon & Giulia Martina Tanzi, 2012. "Does gender matter for public spending? Empirical evidence from Italian municipalities," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 862, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Di Gregorio, Dante & Shane, Scott, 2003. "Why do some universities generate more start-ups than others?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 209-227, February.
- Katariina Nilsson Hakkala & Pehr-Johan Norbäck & Helena Svaleryd, 2008.
"Asymmetric Effects of Corruption on FDI: Evidence from Swedish Multinational Firms,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 627-642, November.
- Hakkala, Katariina & Norbäck, Pehr-Johan & Svaleryd, Helena, 2005. "Asymmetric Effects of Corruption on FDI: Evidence from Swedish Multinational Firms," Working Paper Series 641, Research Institute of Industrial Economics, revised 20 Aug 2007.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2011.
"Geographic proximity and firm--university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 11(6), pages 949-977, November.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2008. "Geographic Proximity and Firm-University Innovation Linkages: evidence from Great Britain," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/200, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2009. "Geographic proximity and firm-university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain," IFS Working Papers W09/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Rothaermel, Frank T. & Thursby, Marie, 2005. "University-incubator firm knowledge flows: assessing their impact on incubator firm performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 305-320, April.
- Irwin Feller & Maryann Feldman, 2010. "The commercialization of academic patents: black boxes, pipelines, and Rubik’s cubes," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(6), pages 597-616, December.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-970, December.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Maria Cristina Refolo, 2003. "The link between local production systems and public and university research in Italy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 35(8), pages 1477-1492, August.
- Shiri Breznitz & Maryann Feldman, 2012. "The engaged university," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 139-157, April.
- Keld Laursen & Toke Reichstein & Ammon Salter, 2011. "Exploring the Effect of Geographical Proximity and University Quality on University-Industry Collaboration in the United Kingdom," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(4), pages 507-523.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Refolo, Cristina, 2000. "The Link Between Clusters Of Smes And Public And University Research In Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa00p326, European Regional Science Association.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1987. "Measuring R&D in Small Firms: How Much Are We Missing?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(2), pages 253-256, December.
- Pietrabissa Riccardo & Conti Giuseppe, 2005. "Strategia per un rapporto responsabile fra ricerca pubblica e industria," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 419-444.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maietta, Ornella Wanda, 2014. "The Roles of Research at Universities and Public Labs in Innovation Systems: a Perspective from the Italian Food and Drink industry," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182812, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Paola Cardamone & Valeria Pupo & Fernanda Ricotta, 2014. "Assessing The Impact Of University Technology Transfer On Firms’ Innovation," Working Papers 201403, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Antonio Accetturo & Luciana Aimone & Enrico Beretta & Silvia Camussi & Luigi Cannari & Daniele Coin & Laura Conti & Roberto Cullino & Alessandro Fabbrini & Cristina Fabrizi & Giovanni Iuzzolino & Ales, 2015. "Deindustrialization and tertiarization: structural changes in North West Italy," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 282, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ornella Wanda Maietta, 2014. "Innovation Systems Research in the Italian Food Industry," CSEF Working Papers 358, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Giorgio Calcagnini & Ilario Favaretto & Germana Giombini & Francesco Perugini & Rosalba Rombaldoni, 2016.
"The role of universities in the location of innovative start-ups,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 670-693, August.
- Giorgio Calacagnini & Ilario Favaretto & Germana Giombini & Francesco Perugini & Rosalba Rombaldoni, 2014. "The role of universities in the location of innovative start-upsa," Working Papers 1409, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2014.
- Maietta, Ornella Wanda, 2015. "Determinants of university–firm R&D collaboration and its impact on innovation: A perspective from a low-tech industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1341-1359.
More about this item
Keywordsresearch collaboration; innovation; R&D expenditure; technology transfer;
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-11-24 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2012-11-24 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2012-11-24 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INO-2012-11-24 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2012-11-24 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2012-11-24 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_884_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .