Liquidity of the Government of Canada Securities Market: Stylized Facts and Some Market Microstructure Comparisons to the United States Treasury Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Toni Gravelle, 1999. "Liquidity of the Government of Canada Securities Market: Stylised Facts and Some Market Microstructure Comparisons to the United States Treasury Market," CGFS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Market Liquidity: Research Findings and Selected Policy Implications, volume 11, pages 1-37 Bank for International Settlements.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marco Pagano, 1989. "Trading Volume and Asset Liquidity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 255-274.
- Michael J. Fleming & Eli M. Remolona, 1997. "Price formation and liquidity in the U.S. Treasury market: evidence from intraday patterns around announcements," Staff Reports 27, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Mark D. Flood Ronald Huisman Kees G. Koedijk and Richard Lyons., 1998. "Search Costs: The Neglected Spread Component," Research Program in Finance Working Papers RPF-285, University of California at Berkeley.
- Robert F. Engle & Joe Lange, 1997. "Measuring, Forecasting and Explaining Time Varying Liquidity in the Stock Market," NBER Working Papers 6129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gravelle, Toni, 1998. "Buying Back Government Bonds: Mechanics and Other Considerations," Staff Working Papers 98-9, Bank of Canada.
- John Board & Charles Sutcliffe, 1996. "Trade Transparency and the London Stock Exchange," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 2(3), pages 355-365.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & von Hagen, Jürgen & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2012.
"Sovereign risk premiums in the European government bond market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 975-995.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Hagen, Jürgen von & Schuknecht, Ludger, 2006. "Sovereign Risk Premiums in the European Government Bond Market," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 151, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Malcolm Edey & Luci Ellis, 2002. "Implications of declining government debt for financial markets and monetary operations in Australia," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Market functioning and central bank policy, volume 12, pages 25-42 Bank for International Settlements.
- Erik Makela, 2014. "The Price of Euro: Evidence from Sovereign Debt Markets," Discussion Papers 90, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Narayan Bulusu & Sermin Gungor, 2018. "Government of Canada Securities in the Cash, Repo and Securities Lending Markets," Discussion Papers 18-4, Bank of Canada.
- Rydqvist, Kristian & Wu, Mark, 2014. "Pre-Auction Inventory and Bidding Behavior—An Analysis of Canadian Treasury Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 10112, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefano Schiavo, 2005. "Euro bonds: in search of financial spillovers," Sciences Po publications 2, Sciences Po.
- Csaba Csávás & Szilárd Erhart, 2005. "Are Hungarian financial markets liquid enough? The theory and practice of FX and government securities market liquidity," MNB Occasional Papers 2005/44, Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary).
- Francisco Alonso & Roberto Blanco & Ana Del Rio & Alicia Sanchis, 2004. "Estimating liquidity premia in the Spanish government securities market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(6), pages 453-474.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Guntram B. Wolff, 2008.
"Fool The Markets? Creative Accounting, Fiscal Transparency And Sovereign Risk Premia,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(4), pages 465-487, September.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Guntram B. Wolff, 2006. "Fool the Markets? Creative Accounting, Fiscal Transparency and Sovereign Risk Premia," CESifo Working Paper Series 1732, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Guntram Wolff, 2006. "Fool the markets? Creative accounting, fiscal transparency and sovereign risk premia," DNB Working Papers 103, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Wolff, Guntram B., 2006. "Fool the markets? Creative accounting, fiscal transparency and sovereign risk premia," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,19, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Kai Daniel Schmid & Michael Schmidt, 2012. "EMU and the Renaissance of Sovereign Credit Risk Perception," IAW Discussion Papers 87, Institut für Angewandte Wirtschaftsforschung (IAW).
- Toni Gravelle, 2002. "The Microstructure of Multiple-Dealer Equity and Government Securities Markets: How They Differ," Staff Working Papers 02-9, Bank of Canada.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2009.
"Government risk premiums in the bond market: EMU and Canada,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 371-384, September.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2007. "Government Risk Premiums in the Bond Market: EMU and Canada," CEPR Discussion Papers 6579, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Schuknecht, Ludger & von Hagen, Jürgen & Wolswijk, Guido, 2008. "Government risk premiums in the bond market: EMU and Canada," Working Paper Series 879, European Central Bank.
- Obert Nyawata, 2012. "Treasury Bills and/Or Central Bank Bills for Absorbing Surplus Liquidity; The Main Considerations," IMF Working Papers 12/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Arnold, Ivo & Lemmen, Jan, 2001.
"The Vulnerability of Banks to Government Default Risk in the EMU,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 101-125, Spring.
- Ivo J. M. Arnold & Jan J.G. Lemmen, 1999. "The Vulnerability of Banks to Government default risk in the EMU," FMG Special Papers sp115, Financial Markets Group.
- Ingo G. Bordon & Kai D. Schmid & Michael Schmidt, 2014.
"Hypnosis Before Wake-up Call?! The Revival of Sovereign Credit Risk Perception in the EMU-Crisis,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
4946, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ingo G. Bordon & Kai Daniel Schmid & Michael Schmidt, 2014. "Hypnosis Before Wake-up Call? The Revival of Sovereign Credit Risk Perception in the EMU-Crisis," IMK Working Paper 138-2014, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Rydqvist, Kristian & Wu, Mark, 2016. "Pre-auction inventory and bidding behavior: Evidence from Canadian Treasury auctions," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 78-102.
- Jan J.G. Lemmen, 1999. "Managing Government Default Risk in Federal States," FMG Special Papers sp116, Financial Markets Group.
- Schmid, Kai Daniel & Schmidt, Michael, 2012. "EMU, the changing role of public debt and the revival of sovereign credit risk perception," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 48, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Chris D'Souza & Charles Gaa, 2004. "The Effects of Economic News on Bond Market Liquidity," Staff Working Papers 04-16, Bank of Canada.
- Van Hecke, Annelore, 2013. "Vertical debt spillovers in EMU countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 468-492.
- Toni Gravelle, 1999. "The Market Microstructure of Dealership Equity and Government Securities Markets: How They Differ," CGFS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Market Liquidity: Research Findings and Selected Policy Implications, volume 11, pages 1-16 Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:99-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.bank-banque-canada.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.