How to Improve Inflation Targeting at the Bank of Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, John B., 2001. "An Interview With Milton Friedman," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 101-131, February.
- repec:cup:macdyn:v:5:y:2001:i:1:p:101-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen M. Goldfeld & Alan S. Blinder, 1972. "Some Implications of Endogenous Stabilization Policy," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 3(3), pages 585-644.
- S. G. B. Henry & Meghnad Desai, 1975. "Fiscal Policy Simulations and Stabilization Policy," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(3), pages 347-359.
- William Poole, 1994. "Monetary aggregates targeting in a low-inflation economy," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 87-135.
- Peston, Maurice H, 1972. "The Correlation between Targets and Instruments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 39(156), pages 427-431, November.
- Jeffrey C. Fuhrer, 1994. "Goals, guidelines, and constraints facing monetary policymakers: an overview," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 3-15.
- W A Razzak, 2001. "Money in the era of inflation targeting," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2001/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frédérick Demers, 2003. "The Canadian Phillips Curve and Regime Shifting," Staff Working Papers 03-32, Bank of Canada.
- Philip Liu, 2004. "Improving implementation of inflation targeting in New Zealand: an investigation of the Reserve Bank's inflation errors," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP 2004/06, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Nicholas Rowe & David Tulk, 2003. "A Simple Test of Simple Rules: Can They Improve How Monetary Policy is Implemented with Inflation Targets?," Staff Working Papers 03-31, Bank of Canada.
- Alan Bollard & Claudio Borio & Pierre Duguay & Glenn Stevens, 2004. "Wrap-up Discussion," RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Christopher Kent & Simon Guttmann (ed.), The Future of Inflation Targeting Reserve Bank of Australia.
- David Longworth, 2003. "Implications of a changing economic structure for the strategy of monetary policy : commentary," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 349-360.
- Clinton, Kevin, 2006. "Core inflation at the Bank of Canada A critique," Queen's Economics Department Working Papers 273553, Queen's University - Department of Economics.
- Kevin Clinton, "undated". "Core Inflation At The Bank Of Canada: A Critique," Working Paper 1077, Economics Department, Queen's University.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation targets; Monetary and financial indicators; Monetary policy implementation;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2002-09-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2002-09-11 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:02-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bocgvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.