Decentralization in Bangladesh: Change Has Been Elusive
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- William F. Fox & Balakrishna Menon, 2011. "Decentralization in Bangladesh: Change has been Elusive," Chapters, in: Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & François Vaillancourt (ed.), Decentralization in Developing Countries, chapter 7, Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Bob Searle, 2006. "On the Implementation of Transfers to Subnational Governments," Chapters, in: Ehtisham Ahmad & Giorgio Brosio (ed.), Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 15, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael, 2002. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 899-912, June.
- Maria A Albino & Raju J Singh & Ehtisham Ahmad, 2005. "Subnational Public Financial Management; Institutions and Macroeconomic Considerations," IMF Working Papers 2005/108, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Mercedes Garcia-Escribano, 2006. "Fiscal Decentralization and Public Subnational Financial Management in Peru," IMF Working Papers 2006/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Smart, 2007. "Raising Taxes through Equalization," CESifo Working Paper Series 1926, CESifo.
- Vergne, Clémence, 2009.
"Democracy, elections and allocation of public expenditures in developing countries,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 63-77, March.
- Clémence VERGNE, 2006. "Democracy, Elections and Allocation of Public Expenditure in Developing Countries," Working Papers 200608, CERDI.
- Clémence Vergne, 2011. "Democracy, Elections and Allocation of Public Expenditure in Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-00564572, HAL.
- Rosario G. Manasan, 2008. "Policy Study on the National and Local Government Expenditures for Millennium Development Goals, 2000Ã¢â‚¬â€œ2005," Development Economics Working Papers 22659, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Duc Hong Vo, 2006. "Measuring Fiscal Decentralisation: An Entropic Approach," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 06-28, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Paul Smoke, 2014. "Why theory and practice are different: The gap between principles and reality in subnational revenue systems," Chapters, in: Richard M. Bird & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez (ed.), Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 9, pages 287-325, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- M Devendra Babu, 2004. "Finances of Panchayats in Karnataka: A Policy Paper," Working Papers 143, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Prakash Chandra Jha, 2015. "Theory of fiscal federalism: an analysis," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 17(2), pages 241-259, October.
- Geys, Benny & Konrad, Kai A., .
"Federalism and optimal allocation across levels of governance,"
Chapters in Economics,,
University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Geys, Benny & Konrad, Kai A., 2010. "Federalism and optimal allocation across levels of governance," Discussion Papers, Research Professorship & Project "The Future of Fiscal Federalism" SP II 2010-09, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Pinaki Chakraborty & Shatakshi Garg, 2018. "Fiscal pressure of migration and horizontal fiscal inequality: Evidence from Indian experience," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2018-4, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Richard M. Bird, 2015. "Fiscal Decentralization and Decentralizing Tax Administration: Different Questions, Different Answers," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1509, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Manasan, Rosario G., 2008. "Policy Study on the National and Local Government Expenditures for Millennium Development Goals, 2000-2005," Discussion Papers DP 2008-17, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Stotsky, Janet G. & Chakraborty, Lekha & Gandhi, Piyush, 2018.
"Impact of Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers on Gender Equality in India: An Empirical Analysis,"
18/240, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Janet G. Stotsky & Lekha Chakraborty & Piyush Gandhi, 2019. "Impact of Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers on Gender Equality in India: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers id:12972, eSocialSciences.
- Xiao-Wan Jiang, 2019. "The Impact of Government Intervention on Municipal Bond Liquidity Premium: Evidence from China," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 6(3), pages 79-86, May.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel, 2012.
"Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1054-1067.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel & Cudjoe, Godsway, 2009. "Do external grants to district governments discourage own-revenue generation?: A look at local public finance dynamics in Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 934, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bernd Huber & Marco Runkel, 2006.
"Optimal Design of Intergovernmental Grants Under Asymmetric Information,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(1), pages 25-41, January.
- Bernd Huber & Marco Runkel, 2003. "Optimal Design of Intergovernmental Grants under Asymmetric Information," CESifo Working Paper Series 919, CESifo.
- Huber, Bernd & Runkel, Marco, 2006. "Optimal design of intergovernmental grants under asymmetric information," Munich Reprints in Economics 19392, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Holger Kächelein, 2011. "Fiscal Federalism And Public Debt Fiscal Instability Due To Multi Level Borrowing In A Model Of Neoclassical Growth "," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice (1954-2015), Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 58, pages 123-132, november.
- Leonardo Letelier S. & Héctor Ormeño, 2018. "El mapa de la descentralización fiscal en Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 21(3), pages 004-040, December.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Compensation for environmental services and intergovernmental fiscal transfers: The case of India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 3052-3059, October.
- Gonzales, Paula & Hindriks, Jean & Lockwood, Ben & Porteiro, Nicolas, 2006.
"Political Budget Cycles and Fiscal Decentralization,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
742, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- GONZALEZ, Paula & HINDRIKS, Jean & LOCKWOOD, Ben & PORTEIRO, Nicolas, 2006. "Political budget cycles and fiscal decentralization," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2006031, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paula González & Jean Hindriks & Ben Lockwood & Nicolás Porteiro, 2006. "Political Budget Cycles and Fiscal Decentralization," Working Papers 06.13, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Gonzalez, Paula & Hindriks, Jean & Lockwood, Ben & Porteiro, Nicholas, 2006. "Political Budget Cycles and Fiscal Decentralization," Economic Research Papers 269635, University of Warwick - Department of Economics.
- Gonzalez, Paula & Hindriks, Jean J.G. & Lockwood, Ben & Porteiro, Nicolas, 2006. "Political Budget Cycles and Fiscal Decentralization," CEPR Discussion Papers 5646, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paula, GONZALEZ & Jean HINDRIKS & Ben, LOCKWOOD, 2006. "Political Budget Cycles and Fiscal Decentralization," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2006016, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques.
More about this item
KeywordsDecentralization; Bangladesh; Fiscal Decentralization; Decentralization policy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ays:ispwps:paper0829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paul Benson). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ispgsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.