Decentralization in Bangladesh: Change has been Elusive
In: Decentralization in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- William F. Fox & Balakrishna Menon, 2008. "Decentralization in Bangladesh: Change Has Been Elusive," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0829, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Bob Searle, 2006. "On the Implementation of Transfers to Subnational Governments," Chapters, in: Ehtisham Ahmad & Giorgio Brosio (ed.), Handbook of Fiscal Federalism, chapter 15, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Bird, Richard M. & Smart, Michael, 2002. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Transfers: International Lessons for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 899-912, June.
- Maria A Albino & Raju J Singh & Ehtisham Ahmad, 2005. "Subnational Public Financial Management; Institutions and Macroeconomic Considerations," IMF Working Papers 2005/108, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Mercedes Garcia-Escribano, 2006. "Fiscal Decentralization and Public Subnational Financial Management in Peru," IMF Working Papers 2006/120, International Monetary Fund.
- Vergne, Clémence, 2009.
"Democracy, elections and allocation of public expenditures in developing countries,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 63-77, March.
- Clémence VERGNE, 2006. "Democracy, Elections and Allocation of Public Expenditure in Developing Countries," Working Papers 200608, CERDI.
- Clémence Vergne, 2011. "Democracy, Elections and Allocation of Public Expenditure in Developing Countries," Working Papers halshs-00564572, HAL.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel, 2012.
"Do External Grants to District Governments Discourage Own Revenue Generation? A Look at Local Public Finance Dynamics in Ghana,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 1054-1067.
- Mogues, Tewodaj & Benin, Samuel & Cudjoe, Godsway, 2009. "Do external grants to district governments discourage own-revenue generation?: A look at local public finance dynamics in Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 934, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bernd Huber & Marco Runkel, 2006.
"Optimal Design of Intergovernmental Grants Under Asymmetric Information,"
International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(1), pages 25-41, January.
- Bernd Huber & Marco Runkel, 2003. "Optimal Design of Intergovernmental Grants under Asymmetric Information," CESifo Working Paper Series 919, CESifo.
- Huber, Bernd & Runkel, Marco, 2006. "Optimal design of intergovernmental grants under asymmetric information," Munich Reprints in Economics 19392, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Leonardo Letelier S. & Héctor Ormeño, 2018. "El mapa de la descentralización fiscal en Chile," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 21(3), pages 004-040, December.
- Xin Yang & Fan Zhang & Cheng Luo & Anlu Zhang, 2019. "Farmland Ecological Compensation Zoning and Horizontal Fiscal Payment Mechanism in Wuhan Agglomeration, China, From the Perspective of Ecological Footprint," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-15, April.
- Ehtisham Ahmad & Giorgio Brosio & Vito Tanzi, 2008. "Local Service Provision in Selected OECD Countries; Do Decentralized Operations Work Better?," IMF Working Papers 2008/067, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Smoke, 2019. "Improving Subnational Government Development Finance in Emerging and Developing Economies: Towards a Strategic Approach," Working Papers id:13007, eSocialSciences.
- Hansjörg Blöchliger & Claire Charbit, 2008. "Fiscal equalisation," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2008(1), pages 1-22.
- Violeta Vulovic, 2010. "The effect of sub-national borrowing control on fiscal sustainability: How to regulate?," Working Papers 2010/36, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- M Devendra Babu & Farah Zahir & Rajesh Khanna, 2018. "Two decades of fiscal decentralization reforms in Karnataka: Opportunities, issues and challenges," Working Papers 416, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Sen, Tapas K. & Trebesch, Christoph, 2004. "Use of socio-economic criteria for intergovernmental transfers: The case of India," Working Papers 04/10, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Maria EL KHDARI, 2015.
"Déterminants des transferts intergouvernementaux : le cas des communes Marocaines,"
- Maria El Khdari, 2016. "Déterminants des transferts intergouvernementaux : le cas des communes Marocaines," Working Papers halshs-01232558, HAL.
- Qurat ul Ain & Tahir Yousaf & Yan Jie & Yasmeen Akhtar, 2020. "The Impact of Devolution on Government Size and Provision of Social Services: Evi¬dence from Pakistan," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 234(3), pages 105-135, September.
- Ahmad, Ehtisham & Brosio, Giorgio, 2009. "Decentralization and local service provision: what do we know?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38347, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- World Bank, 2012. "Reshaping Egypt's Economic Geography : Domestic Integration as a Development Platform," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11869, The World Bank.
- Emilie Caldeira, 2012.
"Does the System of Allocation of Intergovernmental Transfers in Senegal Eliminate Politically Motivated Targeting?,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 21(2), pages 167-191, March.
- Emilie CALDEIRA, 2011. "Does the system of allocation of intergovernmental transfers in Senegal eliminate politically motivated targeting?," Working Papers 201105, CERDI.
- Emilie Caldeira, 2011. "Does the system of allocation of intergovernmental transfers in Senegal eliminate politically motivated targeting?," Working Papers halshs-00576508, HAL.
- International Monetary Fund, 2006. "Bosnia and Herzegovina; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 2006/368, International Monetary Fund.
- Ananthakrishnan Prasad & Adarsh Kishore, 2007. "Indian Subnational Finances; Recent Performance," IMF Working Papers 2007/205, International Monetary Fund.
- F. Pedraja-Chaparro & J. Salinas-Jiménez & J. Suárez-Pandiello, 2006. "Financing Local Governments: The Spanish Experience," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0611, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment Studies; Economics and Finance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eechap:14175_7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla). General contact details of provider: http://www.e-elgar.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.