Adjustment Costs and Long Run Spatial Agglomerations
We introduce knowledge spillovers as an externality in the production function of competitive Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½firms operating in a Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½nite spatial domain under adjustment costs. Spillovers are spatial as productive knowledge Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½flows more easily among firms located nearby. When knowledge spillovers are not internalized by Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½firms spatial agglomerations may emerge endogenously in a competitive equilibrium, however, they do not emerge at the steady state of the social optimum.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 76, Patission Street, Athens 104 34|
Phone: (+301) 8214021
Fax: (301) 8214021
Web page: http://deos.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr & Prescott, Edward C, 1971. "Investment Under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 659-681, September.
- José Alexandre Scheinkman, 1978. "Stability of Separable Hamiltonians and Investment Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(3), pages 559-570.
- Chincarini, Ludwig & Asherie, Neer, 2008. "An analytical model for the formation of economic clusters," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 252-270, May.
- Brock, William A. & Xepapadeas, Anastasios & Yannacopoulos, Athanasios N., 2014.
"Optimal agglomerations in dynamic economics,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1-15.
- Athanasios Yannacopoulos & Anastasios Xepapadeas & William Brock, "undated". "Optimal Agglomerations in Dynamic Economics," DEOS Working Papers 1217, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- William A. Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Athanasios N. Yannacopoulos, 2012. "Optimal Agglomerations in Dynamic Economics," Working Papers 2012.64, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- William Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Athanasios Yannacopoulos, 2014. "Optimal Agglomerations in Dynamic Economics," DEOS Working Papers 1403, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Brock, William A, 1974. "Money and Growth: The Case of Long Run Perfect Foresight," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(3), pages 750-777, October.
- Robert E. Lucas & Jr., 1967. "Adjustment Costs and the Theory of Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 321-321. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aue:wpaper:1327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterini Glynou)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.