Adjustment Costs and Long Run Spatial Agglomerations
We introduce knowledge spillovers as an externality in the production function of competitive Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½firms operating in a Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½nite spatial domain under adjustment costs. Spillovers are spatial as productive knowledge Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½flows more easily among firms located nearby. When knowledge spillovers are not internalized by Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½firms spatial agglomerations may emerge endogenously in a competitive equilibrium, however, they do not emerge at the steady state of the social optimum.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 76, Patission Street, Athens 104 34|
Phone: (+301) 8214021
Fax: (301) 8214021
Web page: http://deos.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- José Alexandre Scheinkman, 1978. "Stability of Separable Hamiltonians and Investment Theory," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(3), pages 559-570.
- William A. Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Athanasios N. Yannacopoulos, 2012.
"Optimal Agglomerations in Dynamic Economics,"
2012.64, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Athanasios Yannacopoulos & Anastasios Xepapadeas & William Brock, . "Optimal Agglomerations in Dynamic Economics," DEOS Working Papers 1217, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- William Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Athanasios Yannacopoulos, 2014. "Optimal Agglomerations in Dynamic Economics," DEOS Working Papers 1403, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr & Prescott, Edward C, 1971. "Investment Under Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 659-81, September.
- Robert E. Lucas & Jr., 1967. "Adjustment Costs and the Theory of Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 321.
- Brock, William A, 1974. "Money and Growth: The Case of Long Run Perfect Foresight," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(3), pages 750-77, October.
- Chincarini, Ludwig & Asherie, Neer, 2008. "An analytical model for the formation of economic clusters," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 252-270, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aue:wpaper:1327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterini Glynou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.