Irrigation Full Cost Assessment: The case of the Pinios Local Organization for Land Reclamation, Greece
The paper presents a rapid assessment of irrigation full cost of the Pinios Local Organization for Land Reclamation. The individual cost components (financial, environmental and resource) were estimated using the best available data and sound methodological choices. On the basis of our estimates it seems that water scarcity and its corresponding resource cost is quite important issue to be ignored. The scarcity rents falls within a range from 21% to 39% of water full cost, while the environmental cost is about 8%. The policy implications of these results are also discussed.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.aoa.aua.gr|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aziz Bouzaher & Richard Cabe & Alicia L. Carriquiry & Philip W. Gassman & P. G. Lakshminarayan & Jason F. Shogren, 1992.
"Metamodels and Nonpoint Pollution Policy in Agriculture,"
Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications
92-wp97, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Bouzaher, Aziz & Lakshminarayan, P. G. & Cabe, Richard & Carriquiry, Alicia L. & Gassman, Philip W. & Shogren, Jason F., 1993. "Metamodels and Nonpoint Pollution Policy in Agriculture," Staff General Research Papers 531, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Amy W. Ando & Madhu Khanna, 2004. "Natural Resource Damage Assessment Methods: Lessons in Simplicity from State Trustees," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(4), pages 504-519, October.
- James E. T. Moncur & Richard L. Pollock, 1988. "Scarcity Rents for Water: A Valuation and Pricing Model," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(1), pages 62-72.
- Phoebe Koundouri, .
"Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management,"
DEOS Working Papers
0402, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Phoebe Koundouri, 2004. "Current Issues in the Economics of Groundwater Resource Management," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 703-740, December.
- Koundouri, Phoebe, 2004. "Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management," MPRA Paper 38425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ronald C. Griffin, 2006. "Water Resource Economics: The Analysis of Scarcity, Policies, and Projects," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026207267x, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aua:wpaper:2013-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kremmydas dimitrios)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.