The memberships theory of poverty : the role of group affiliations in determining socioeconomic outcomes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- S. N. Durlauf, "undated". "The Memberships Theory of Poverty: The Role of Group Affiliations in Determining Socioeconomic Outcomes," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1221-01, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Drake, Brett & Rank, Mark R., 2009. "The racial divide among American children in poverty: Reassessing the importance of neighborhood," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1264-1271, December.
- Edgar Carrera, 2012. "Imitation and evolutionary stability of poverty traps," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-20, April.
- M. Shahe Emran & Forhad Shilpi, 2011. "Intergenerational Occupational Mobility in Rural Economy: Evidence from Nepal and Vietnam," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(2), pages 427-458.
- Kaushik Basu, 2006.
"Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives,"
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006. "Teacher Truancy in India: The Role of Culture, Norms and Economic Incentives," Working Papers 06-03, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Emran, M. Shabe & Otsuka, Misuzu & Shilpi, Forhad, 2003. "Gender, generations, and nonfarm participation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3087, The World Bank.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2006.
"Participatory Equity, Identity, and Productivity: Policy Implications for Promoting Development,"
06-06, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Kaushik Basu, 2007. "Participatory Equity, Identity, and Productivity Policy Implications for Promoting Development," Working Papers id:1122, eSocialSciences.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Swallow, Brent M., 2006. "Fractal poverty traps," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2002. "On the Empirics of Social Capital," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 459-479, November.
- Lena Lindahl, 2011. "A comparison of family and neighborhood effects on grades, test scores, educational attainment and income—evidence from Sweden," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(2), pages 207-226, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PBE-2000-10-11 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:att:wimass:200014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Ailsenne Sumwalt (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.