Dynamic Externalities and Policy Coordination
We introduce the possibility of trade in dynamic models with externalities and evaluate the consequences on the capital accumulation process, the market-clearing prices and policy making. We consider mixed economies characterized by a blend of strategic and nonstrategic sectors. An equilibrium exists in the bilateral monopoly game because the strategic planner incorporates the future utility of the country and the presence of a nonstrategic sector in its decision making. Capital externality is one source of interdependence. Equilibrium price, a function of both outputs, is another. Policy coordination is advantageous only when preferences are dissimilar and an externality is present.
|Date of creation:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Box 873806, Tempe, AZ 85287-3806|
Phone: (480) 965-5514
Fax: (480) 965-0748
Web page: http://repec.wpcarey.asu.edu/RePEc/asu/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Manjira Datta & Tito Cordella, "undated".
"Intertemporal Cournot and Walras Equilibrium: An Illustration,"
2132843, Department of Economics, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University.
- Tito Cordella & Manjira Datta, 2002. "Intertemporal Cournot and Walras Equilibria: An Illustration," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(1), pages 137-153, February.
- Tito Cordella & Manjira Datta, 1995. "Intertemporal Cournot and Walras equilibrium: An illustration," Economics Working Papers 125, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Cordella, T. & Datta, M., 1994. "Intertemporal Cournot and Walras Equilibria: An Illustration," Papers 94-1, Saskatchewan - Department of Economics.
- Tito Cordella & Manjira Datta, "undated". "Intertemporal Cournot and Walras Equilibrium: An Illustration," Working Papers 97/13, Arizona State University, Department of Economics.
- T. Cordella & M. Datta, 1994. "Intertemporal Cournot and Walras Equilibrium: An Illustration," Working Papers 193, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Chari, V V & Kehoe, Patrick J, 1990.
"International Coordination of Fiscal Policy in Limiting Economies,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(3), pages 617-636, June.
- V. V. Chari & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1989. "International coordination of fiscal policy in limiting economies," Staff Report 121, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- DATTA, Manjira, 1994.
"Externalities and Price Dynamics,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1994006, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Adam B. Jaffe, 1986.
"Technological Opportunity and Spillovers of R&D: Evidence from Firms' Patents, Profits and Market Value,"
NBER Working Papers
1815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1986. "Technological Opportunity and Spillovers of R&D: Evidence from Firms' Patents, Profits, and Market Value," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 984-1001, December.
- Chang, Roberto, 1990. "International coordination of fiscal deficits," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 347-366, June.
- Fischer, Ronald D. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1996. "The Compleat Fish Wars: Biological and Dynamic Interactions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 34-42, January.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B & Gray, Jo Anna, 1985. "Monetary Policy Games and the Consequences of Non-cooperative Behavior," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 26(3), pages 547-564, October.
- Fischer, Ronald D. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1992. "Strategic dynamic interaction : Fish wars," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 267-287, April.
- Galor, Oded, 1986. "Global dynamic inefficiency in the absence of international policy coordination: A north-south case," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1-2), pages 137-149, August.
- Hamada, Koichi, 1976. "A Strategic Analysis of Monetary Interdependence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 677-700, August.
- Datta, M. & Mirman, L., 1994. "Dynamic Capital Interactions, Externalities and Trade," CORE Discussion Papers 1994009, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asu:wpaper:2132841. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steve Salik)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.