How average is average? Temporal patterns in human behaviour as measured by mobile phone data -- or why chose Thursdays
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tiit Tammaru & Maarten Ham, 2016. "New Perspectives on Ethnic Segregation over Time and Space: A Domains Approach," Working Papers id:9352, eSocialSciences.
- Chen Zhong & Michael Batty & Ed Manley & Jiaqiu Wang & Zijia Wang & Feng Chen & Gerhard Schmitt, 2016. "Variability in Regularity: Mining Temporal Mobility Patterns in London, Singapore and Beijing Using Smart-Card Data," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 11(2), pages 1-17, February.
- van Ham, Maarten & Tammaru, Tiit, 2016. "New Perspectives on Ethnic Segregation over Time and Space: A Domains Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 9663, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lina Hedman & Kati Kadarik & Roger Andersson & John Östh, 2021. "Daily Mobility Patterns: Reducing or Reproducing Inequalities and Segregation?," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 9(2), pages 208-221.
- Marina Toger & Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp & John Östh, 2021. "Mobility during the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Data-Driven Time-Geographic Analysis of Health-Induced Mobility Changes," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(7), pages 1-21, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Zwiers, Merle & van Ham, Maarten & Manley, David, 2016. "Trajectories of Neighborhood Change: Spatial Patterns of Increasing Ethnic Diversity," IZA Discussion Papers 10216, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Allan Puur & Leen Rahnu & Tiit Tammaru, 2023. "Neighbourhoods and Workplaces: Are They Related to the Fertility of Immigrants and Their Descendants? A Register-Based Study of Finland, 1999–2014," Journal of International Migration and Integration, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 209-231, March.
- Frank Eckardt, 2018. "European Cities Planning for Asylum," Urban Planning, Cogitatio Press, vol. 3(4), pages 61-63.
- Willem Boterman & Sako Musterd & Carolina Pacchi & Costanzo Ranci, 2019. "School segregation in contemporary cities: Socio-spatial dynamics, institutional context and urban outcomes," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 56(15), pages 3055-3073, November.
- Leen Rahnu & Allan Puur & Tom Kleinepier & Tiit Tammaru, 2020. "The Role of Neighbourhood and Workplace Ethnic Contexts in the Formation of Inter-ethnic Partnerships: A Native Majority Perspective," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 36(2), pages 247-276, April.
- Manley, David & van Ham, Maarten & Hedman, Lina, 2018. "Experienced and Inherited Disadvantage: A Longitudinal Study of Early Adulthood Neighbourhood Careers of Siblings," IZA Discussion Papers 11335, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Veronika Mooses & Siiri Silm & Tiit Tammaru & Erki Saluveer, 2020. "An ethno-linguistic dimension in transnational activity space measured with mobile phone data," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 7(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Petrović, Ana & Manley, David & van Ham, Maarten, 2018. "Freedom from the Tyranny of Neighbourhood: Rethinking Socio-Spatial Context Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 11416, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Allan Puur & Leen Rahnu & Luule Sakkeus & Martin Klesment & Liili Abuladze, 2018. "The formation of ethnically mixed partnerships in Estonia: A stalling trend from a two-sided perspective," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 38(38), pages 1111-1154.
- Zhang, Yanji & Wang, Jiejing & Kan, Changcheng, 2022. "Temporal variation in activity-space-based segregation: A case study of Beijing using location-based service data," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 98(C).
- Shen, Yao, 2019. "Segregation through space: A scope of the flow-based spatial interaction model," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 10-23.
- Shen, Yue & Luo, Xueyao, 2023. "Linking spatial and temporal contexts to multi-contextual segregation by hukou status in urban China," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 107(C).
- de Vuijst, Elise & van Ham, Maarten, 2017. "Parents and Peers: Parental Neighbourhood- and School-Level Variation in Individual Neighbourhood Outcomes over Time," IZA Discussion Papers 10526, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Kristiina Kukk & Maarten van Ham & Tiit Tammaru, 2019.
"EthniCity of Leisure: A Domains Approach to Ethnic Integration During Free Time Activities,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 110(3), pages 289-302, July.
- Kamenik, Kristiina & Tammaru, Tiit & van Ham, Maarten, 2016. "EthniCity of Leisure: A Domains Approach to Ethnic Integration During Free Time Activities," IZA Discussion Papers 10146, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- de Vuijst, Elise & van Ham, Maarten & Kleinhans, Reinout, 2016. "A Life Course Approach to Understanding Neighbourhood Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 10276, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Siiri Silm & Veronika Mooses & Anniki Puura & Anu Masso & Ago Tominga & Erki Saluveer, 2021. "The Relationship between Ethno-Linguistic Composition of Social Networks and Activity Space: A Study Using Mobile Phone Data," Social Inclusion, Cogitatio Press, vol. 9(2), pages 192-207.
- Shahd Seethaler-Wari, 2018. "Urban Planning for the Integration of Refugees: The Importance of Local Factors," Urban Planning, Cogitatio Press, vol. 3(4), pages 141-155.
- van Ham, Maarten & Tammaru, Tiit & de Vuijst, Elise & Zwiers, Merle, 2016. "Spatial Segregation and Socio-Economic Mobility in European Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 10277, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Peikun Li & Chaoqun Ma & Jing Ning & Yun Wang & Caihua Zhu, 2019. "Analysis of Prediction Accuracy under the Selection of Optimum Time Granularity in Different Metro Stations," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(19), pages 1-19, September.
- Wen, Jian & Nassir, Neema & Zhao, Jinhua, 2019. "Value of demand information in autonomous mobility-on-demand systems," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 346-359.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2020-05-11 (Big Data)
- NEP-GEN-2020-05-11 (Gender)
- NEP-PAY-2020-05-11 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:2005.00137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.