Scaling properties of extreme price fluctuations in Bitcoin markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Garcia & Claudio Juan Tessone & Pavlin Mavrodiev & Nicolas Perony, 2014. "The digital traces of bubbles: feedback cycles between socio-economic signals in the Bitcoin economy," Papers 1408.1494, arXiv.org.
- Parameswaran Gopikrishnan & Vasiliki Plerou & Luis A. Nunes Amaral & Martin Meyer & H. Eugene Stanley, 1999. "Scaling of the distribution of fluctuations of financial market indices," Papers cond-mat/9905305, arXiv.org.
- Pan, Raj Kumar & Sinha, Sitabhra, 2008.
"Inverse-cubic law of index fluctuation distribution in Indian markets,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 387(8), pages 2055-2065.
- Raj Kumar Pan & Sitabhra Sinha, 2006. "Inverse cubic law of index fluctuation distribution in Indian markets," Papers physics/0607014, arXiv.org, revised Dec 2007.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:74-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d’Artis Kancs, 2016.
"The economics of BitCoin price formation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(19), pages 1799-1815, April.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2014. "The Economics of BitCoin Price Formation," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2014/08, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Pavel Ciaian & Miroslava Rajcaniova & d'Artis Kancs, 2014. "The Economics of BitCoin Price Formation," Papers 1405.4498, arXiv.org.
- Dyhrberg, Anne Haubo, 2016. "Hedging capabilities of bitcoin. Is it the virtual gold?," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 139-144.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:484:y:2017:i:c:p:82-90 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Gabaix, 2009. "Power Laws in Economics and Finance," Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 255-294, May.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Laszlo Gillemot & Fabrizio Lillo & Szabolcs Mike & Anindya Sen, 2004. "What really causes large price changes?," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 383-397.
- Bariviera, Aurelio F. & Basgall, María José & Hasperué, Waldo & Naiouf, Marcelo, 2017. "Some stylized facts of the Bitcoin market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 484(C), pages 82-90.
- repec:sol:spaper:2013/226296 is not listed on IDEAS
- Parameswaran Gopikrishnan & Martin Meyer & Luis A Nunes Amaral & H Eugene Stanley, 1998. "Inverse Cubic Law for the Probability Distribution of Stock Price Variations," Papers cond-mat/9803374, arXiv.org, revised May 1998.
- D. Sornette, 2014. "Physics and Financial Economics (1776-2014): Puzzles, Ising and Agent-Based models," Papers 1404.0243, arXiv.org.
- D'aniel Kondor & M'arton P'osfai & Istv'an Csabai & G'abor Vattay, 2013. "Do the rich get richer? An empirical analysis of the BitCoin transaction network," Papers 1308.3892, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Abeer ElBahrawy & Laura Alessandretti & Anne Kandler & Romualdo Pastor-Satorras & Andrea Baronchelli, 2017. "Evolutionary dynamics of the cryptocurrency market," Papers 1705.05334, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2017.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015.
"Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoins,"
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 16(6), pages 365-373.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoin," Working Papers CEB 13-031, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Kim Oosterlinck & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Virtual Currency, Tangible Return: Portfolio Diversification with Bitcoins," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/226296, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jonathan Donier & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2015. "Why Do Markets Crash? Bitcoin Data Offers Unprecedented Insights," Papers 1503.06704, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2015.
- repec:wsi:afexxx:v:12:y:2017:i:01:n:s2010495217500038 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Jonathan Donier & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 2015. "Why Do Markets Crash? Bitcoin Data Offers Unprecedented Insights," Post-Print hal-01277584, HAL.
- Adrian (Wai-Kong) Cheung & Eduardo Roca & Jen-Je Su, 2015. "Crypto-currency bubbles: an application of the Phillips-Shi-Yu (2013) methodology on Mt. Gox bitcoin prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(23), pages 2348-2358, May.
- repec:wsi:acsxxx:v:16:y:2013:i:01:n:s0219525913500082 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masafumi Nakano & Akihiko Takahashi & Soichiro Takahashi, 2018. "Bitcoin Technical Trading with Articial Neural Network," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-1090, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Laura Alessandretti & Abeer ElBahrawy & Luca Maria Aiello & Andrea Baronchelli, 2018. "Anticipating cryptocurrency prices using machine learning," Papers 1805.08550, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2018.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HME-2018-04-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-PAY-2018-04-09 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1803.08405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.